Game 27: Flyers at Sabres 12/08/18 1:00 pm

OccamsRazor

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

I want this too.  That puts Patrick where he needs to be and gets JVR where he should be.  The experiment of Giroux and wing worked but now you have JVR and some proof Patrick isn't quite ready.  Time to try what you said. 

Agreed. I wonder what the best combo would be, though. We are weak on the left side. 

JVR/G/TK

Lindblom/Coots/Voracek

Raffl/Patrick/Simmer

Laughton/Varone/Lehtera or Weise?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, brelic said:

JVR/G/TK

Lindblom/Coots/Voracek

Raffl/Patrick/Simmer

Laughton/Varone/NAK

Call me crazy.

Scratch Weise and Lehtera.

To me that is the best lineup.

17 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

That's what you said about today.

Hey...can you tell me what the lottery numbers aren't?

So why are the Flyers huge dogs today at Winnipeg?  I know they are going to have to use their backup goalie whoever that is?

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Pummel them huh.

Like today.

Really that is all you got?

Jeff Skidder didn't show up today.

You guys are starting the rebuild again?

You guys owned today WITHOUT their #1 center.

It was one period.  Not even one game.  And I heard about the Flyers getting away with a ton of clutching and interference.  As usual.  Do not read into one game too much.  Remember that game Arizona 7  Tampa 0 ?

26 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

It was one period.  Not even one game.  And I heard about the Flyers getting away with a ton of clutching and interference.  As usual.  Do not read into one game too much.  Remember that game Arizona 7  Tampa 0 ?

So the Flyers were getting the calls IN on the road in Buffalo?

You guys just outplayed.

Not sure what Tampa and Arizona have to do with Flyers. I'm not following that excuse.

We beat you guys with one of the worst power plays in the league.

Imagine if that was clicking they would have hung a 9 goals on you maybe.

Hey I'm giving the gloating back to you is all.

If you wouldn't come in and talk all that pre game smack I think folks wouldn't be so hard on ya.

I get it you are excited you guys don't suck.

But nothing is won in November and December.

Try being humble for a change.

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So why are the Flyers huge dogs today at Winnipeg?  I know they are going to have to use their backup goalie whoever that is?

Are you really asking that question???  The Jets lost in the Conference Finals to the upstart Knights last year while the Flyers were improving their golf games after an early exit complimentary of the Pens. And Hellboy (aka  Connor Hellebuyck) is better than any goalie than the Flyers can throw out there.   Does not take rocket science to figure this one out .......

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So the Flyers were getting the calls IN on the road in Buffalo?

You guys just outplayed.

Not sure what Tampa and Arizona have to do with Flyers. I'm not following that excuse.

We beat you guys with one of the worst power plays in the league.

Imagine if that was clicking they would have hung a 9 goals on you maybe.

Hey I'm giving the gloating back to you is all.

If you wouldn't come in and talk all that pre game smack I think folks wouldn't be so hard on ya.

I get it you are excited you guys don't suck.

But nothing is won in November and December.

Try being humble for a change.

What the relevance of the Arizona game is, is the fact that Tampa has the best record in hockey and they got killed in that game far worse than the Sabres lost yesterday.  WE played a **** third period and paid for it. But we have not played a ton of bad third periods.  Lets see how the Flyers do  in Winnipeg?  I give them a bit of a shot because Winnipeg has kind of dropped off recently.  But with Neuvirth it might be a mystery what you will get in the nets.  The Sabres fell asleep after being up 2-0 and I believe thought the Flyers would pack it in.  Mistake.  Hakstol deserves credit for getting them to not quit as they could have.

17 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

What the relevance of the Arizona game is, is the fact that Tampa has the best record in hockey and they got killed in that game far worse than the Sabres lost yesterday.  WE played a **** third period and paid for it. But we have not played a ton of bad third periods.  Lets see how the Flyers do  in Winnipeg?  I give them a bit of a shot because Winnipeg has kind of dropped off recently.  But with Neuvirth it might be a mystery what you will get in the nets.  The Sabres fell asleep after being up 2-0 and I believe thought the Flyers would pack it in.  Mistake.  Hakstol deserves credit for getting them to not quit as they could have.

One period is all you see?

The Sabbers HAVEN'T won in 5 games

That is one helluva long period.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Are you really asking that question???  The Jets lost in the Conference Finals to the upstart Knights last year while the Flyers were improving their golf games after an early exit complimentary of the Pens. And Hellboy (aka  Connor Hellebuyck) is better than any goalie than the Flyers can throw out there.   Does not take rocket science to figure this one out .......

Hellboy is definitely better than what we have, but in 3 of his last 5 games, his save % is well under .900. I'm not sure by how much better he is than what we have AT THIS MOMENT. He does have the capability, at least of going on a great run statistically, though...compared to our extraordinarily average goalies.

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

The Flyers took it to you physically, and countered the speed your team showed in the first, with some speed of their own. Your team, the Sabres, had no answer. It wasn't just that your team laid off the gas pedal after the 1st period. The Flyers made the proper adjustments.

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

The Flyers took it to you physically, and countered the speed your team showed in the first, with some speed of their own. Your team, the Sabres, had no answer. It wasn't just that your team laid off the gas pedal after the 1st period. The Flyers made the proper adjustments.

Like they are right now?  Lets not forget we did beat them the first game

Archived