Wild vs. Penguins 12/20/18 @6:00PM CST at Consol Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

10 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Yep, the snowflakes are pretty cool!

The Christmas lights though... I may get a bill for breaking so many lights. Breaking them as I wait (patiently) to change from one page to another. :yes:

Shucks, I probably hold the record for most light bulbs broken. lol

Not the sites fault, my ISP just isn't all that fast. 

Yeah, they both do slow down the page loading.    An alternative is using your mobile device where I have the settings shut off.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Turnovers Prove Costly in 2-1 Loss to Pittsburgh

Same old story lately, lots of shots but very few goals.  The inability to finish is killing this team as did horrible turnovers starting with Dubnyk's moronic play to set up the 1st goal.  While Coyle, Parise, Granlund etc were moving well if you can't bury the prime chances...it really doesn't matter.  Now Dallas is coming to town...as the Wild seem to be working closer to being a lottery team this season.  Ever notice they interview Coyle mostly after losses?  Yuck...full game recap and a new set of MN high school hockey rankings.  Enjoy...

You have to wonder what is going on with this team. It seems like every year that the minute this team hits a speed bump, they corkscrew through the air like the Duke Boys and end up in the ditch on the their roof. Which is surprising, because you think a "veteran" team like the Wild would have seen it all and know how to overcome adversity. Well, maybe it's not surprising. We've seen this movie before...

I had a whole rant on here, bet I deleted it because then I'll be labeled a hater and not a fan of the team. But you can't polish a turd...

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

You have to wonder what is going on with this team. It seems like every year that the minute this team hits a speed bump, they corkscrew through the air like the Duke Boys and end up in the ditch on the their roof. Which is surprising, because you think a "veteran" team like the Wild would have seen it all and know how to overcome adversity. Well, maybe it's not surprising. We've seen this movie before...

I had a whole rant on here, bet I deleted it because then I'll be labeled a hater and not a fan of the team. But you can't polish a turd...

I am not sure about this year. And I am getting more and more pessimistic. Team is looking slightly different especially for the 3rd and 4th lines, which have a low productivity in comparisons to the previous years as well as besides Dumba our defense is less productive too.

3 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

This isn't FaceBook. ;) I say do it.

2 total goals in the last 3 games and we spend the time blaming Dubnyk??...However the events happened that caused Dubnyk's play doesn't really matter and evens out since Koivu was given a gift like that a while ago. Dubnyk was fine and had to stop much tougher shots and shooters than DeSmith did.

-Our over-passing system is killing us. 

-Certain players are ice cold. Zucker is a mess. He can't connect on anything with his game. He's ruined so many grade A chances this month and is a liability to that line. I fear he's playing mentally comfortable and safe since his his big payday signing.

-The were 4 mental errors in that game. 2 led to the goals, Zucker's roughing penalty at a crucial time and the Too many men penalty as Coyle took his sweet time getting to the bench.

I was going to do a 1/4 mark thread on grading the team. I had a lot of B+'s and a bunch of A-'s to hand out but now those grades have been dropping fast like my Pick 'Em picks. :D

Archived