Wild vs. Bruins 1/8/19 @ 6:00PM at TD Banknorth Garden

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild don't seem to have their usual SOG attack....even in games they didn't win, they at least shot the puck more..... a key ingredient to beating a team like Boston.

Could be fatigue, but somehow I feel like that would still be an excuse.... speed aside, the Bruins are positionally more sound in this game as well.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Granlund, Zucker, two more key ingredients I felt, are completely invisible tonight.

That's why I wondered what was up with Granlund. He wasn't out there for their first two PP's. I thought he got hurt.

5 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Russo twitted he’s been playing hurt...

Well, if this is true, Minnesota management needs to get his arse on IR or something and get some other body up from Iowa.
I realize the Iowa Wild are having a good season and the organization prefers not to  upset the balance of their lineup, but at least get an AHL bottom six guy up here...give him a shot, no matter how long a shot it is....maybe Minnesota will be pleasantly surprised.

Because if Granlund IS playing hurt, that could factor into next season or beyond continuing to damage his body like this, especially on a season that likely doesn't end with a playoff run...if playoffs at ALL!

I'd rather have a darkhorse bottom six AHL'er brought up and let Granny heal.

Granlund entered the playoffs a couple years ago with a broken hand. He played all his regular minutes, PP's, PK's, etc. It wasn't known he was playing injured until AFTER the season was over because he never disclosed it.

That's how the Wild rolled when Yeo was there and I don't think one aspect of crap like that has changed.

Man.
A complete white wash from the opening puck drop.

Definitely a game the Minnesota Wild can file away under "Clunker".
Better yet, flush the damned thing...….  

Just look ahead to the Jets at home.
I honestly saw NOTHING good out of this game...and I tend to be an optimist.

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, if this is true, Minnesota management needs to get his arse on IR or something and get some other body up from Iowa.
I realize the Iowa Wild are having a good season and the organization prefers not to  upset the balance of their lineup, but at least get an AHL bottom six guy up here...give him a shot, no matter how long a shot it is....maybe Minnesota will be pleasantly surprised.

Because if Granlund IS playing hurt, that could factor into next season or beyond continuing to damage his body like this, especially on a season that likely doesn't end with a playoff run...if playoffs at ALL!

I'd rather have a darkhorse bottom six AHL'er brought up and let Granny heal.

They gave that dud Kunin a roster spot and especially for this game called up EEK.

13 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Granlund entered the playoffs a couple years ago with a broken hand. He played all his regular minutes, PP's, PK's, etc. It wasn't known he was playing injured until AFTER the season was over because he never disclosed it.

That's how the Wild rolled when Yeo was there and I don't think one aspect of crap like that has changed.

They did fire the head trainer...

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

They did fire the head trainer...

Yet everyone else in the room wouldn't see a guy suit up with a hand taped up? Overall it's just poor mentality for players to not speak up so coaches can decide 50%, 70%, 85%... And possibly choose someone else 100% to take their place.

8 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Yet everyone else in the room wouldn't see a guy suit up with a hand taped up? Overall it's just poor mentality for players to not speak up so coaches can decide 50%, 70%, 85%... And possibly choose someone else 100% to take their place.

Problem is, who do you replace Granlund with? They have no one. Kunin and EEK couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat. A 50% Granlund is better than both of those goofs put together. 

Archived