Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Friday 2-1-19m 7:00pm, American Airlines Arena

MNSOTA

Just now, bbgarnett said:

Not officially but we were up at our cabin last year and my Grandpa never got the Dock in so I got in my Skivvies and helped him get it out. let's just say it was very very cold out.

I've done late dock removal too years back. It wasn't too bad if I kept moving. It was super cold which meant we just got it out faster. lol

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Anyone here ever do the Polar Plunge? I've been thinking about it... Yeah, I'm done thinking about it.

Not recently, but it's a real blast. The best are the ones that don't segregate by gender in the pre-plunge sauna.. if you find one of those, definitely think about it:)

14 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

If Koivu is the chicken then Suter must be Chit and together they make Chickenshit 

But since we call Koivu, Kaptain Klydesdale, wouldn't he and Suter be Horseshit?

Just now, McMahon 6 said:

Not recently, but it's a real blast. The best are the ones that don't segregate by gender in the pre-plunge sauna.. if you find one of those, definitely think about it:)

And that's the thing, doing a sauna beforehand would make it a whole lot easier!

so off Topic but we are looking for a 6Qt Oblong Slow Cooker/Crock Pot for my Grandma. She has this one right now and knows it probably won't last forever and was hoping to get a new one. Anyways she wants 6QT but would probably accept 5QT and also needs to be Oblong and have that base be a separate piece from the top/POT. This is a West Bend and they have new/newer models but every store just says out of stock and so does there site and so I don't know if they're just not making them anymore or what but everything is OOS everywhere. So just wondering if anyone knows where else to look. I've checked eBay which they have this same one but again it's used so no guarantee it will last any longer than her current one and they do have some of the newer ones for sale that have never been used but the prices are like $250-$300 so I think they know they're not being made anymore so are price gouging them. So just wondering if anyone knows of any other company that makes them in this style and or a store to check.

Image result for west bend 6 qt slow cooker

9 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

And that's the thing, doing a sauna beforehand would make it a whole lot easier!

I can't imagine doing a polar plunge without a sauna beforehand. There are more comfortable ways to make a deposit into a frozen sperm bank.

I'll never forget the plunge we did at Widji by Ely in early February in high school: it was around minus 28, and we ran out of the sauna and jumped into a hole in the ice wearing nothing but socks. At my age now, I doubt the ol' ticker could handle it.

5 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

so off Topic but we are looking for a 6Qt Oblong Slow Cooker/Crock Pot for my Grandma. She has this one right now and knows it probably won't last forever and was hoping to get a new one. Anyways she wants 6QT but would probably accept 5QT and also needs to be Oblong and have that base be a separate piece from the top/POT. This is a West Bend and they have new/newer models but every store just says out of stock and so does there site and so I don't know if they're just not making them anymore or what but everything is OOS everywhere. So just wondering if anyone knows where else to look. I've checked eBay which they have this same one but again it's used so no guarantee it will last any longer than her current one and they do have some of the newer ones for sale that have never been used but the prices are like $250-$300 so I think they know they're not being made anymore so are price gouging them. So just wondering if anyone knows of any other company that makes them in this style and or a store to check.

Image result for west bend 6 qt slow cooker

Ask, and ye shall receive:

https://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-87966-Versatility-6-Quart/dp/B07LBNCQ6R/ref=sr_1_24?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1549072620&sr=1-24&keywords=slow+cooker

@MNSOTA Thanks, but that's a little more than she wants to spend and unfortunately she doesn't like that base and she is very picky about things but when your Grandma you're allowed to be. This one which is sold out has a base similar to her old one which she likes but also would prefer it in 6QT. Which is becoming very hard to find.

https://www.target.com/p/west-bend-5-qt-slow-cooker/-/A-51087453

Archived