Wild vs. Predators 3/25/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Predators Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (35-32-9)  78pts  6th in the Central

2.66 Goals For Per Game (27th in the NHL)

2.88 Goals Against Per Game (11th in the NHL)

20.8% Power Play (11th in the NHL)

80.9% Penalty Kill (14th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 26G 33A = 59pts

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 21G 29A = 50pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 39A = 46pts

4. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 14G 28A = 42pts

5. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 21G 18A = 39pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 57 PIM’s

2. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 53 PIM’s

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 39 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (29-26-6)  2.60GAA  .911%SP  2SO

2. #32 Alex Stalock (6-6-3)  3.05GAA  .893%SP

Vs.

Nashville Predators (42-28-6)  90pts  2nd in the Central

2.88 Goals For Per Game (19th in the NHL)

2.63 Goals Against Per Game (4th in the NHL)

12.8% Power Play (30th in the NHL)

81.5% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #92 Ryan Johansen ~ 11G 49A = 60pts

2. #59 Roman Josi ~ 15G 40A = 55pts

3. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 16G 37A = 53pts

4. #9 Filip Forsberg ~ 26G 20A = 46pts

5. #33 Viktor Arvidsson ~ 31G 12A = 43pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Wayne Simmonds ~ 97 PIM’s

2. #76 P.K. Subban ~ 54 PIM’s

3. #14 Mattias Ekholm ~ 43 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Pekka Rinne (26-19-4)  2.48GAA  .915%SP  4SO

2. #74 Juuse Saros (16-9-2)  2.62GAA  .915%SP  2SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post-gamer.  With Colorado earning another point last night and Chicago creeping closer with a win the Wild have to find a way to win this game.  And they'll probably have to do it without Zach Parise.  Arizona seems to be stalling...but Chicago played pretty desperate and probably should've beaten Colorado in regulation last night.  The Wild must play as if this their last game because then they have a few days off before they play Vegas on Friday.  The Predators got blanked by Winnipeg and will be motivated to win with St. Louis just 2 points behind them.  Enjoy and discuss...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bbgarnett said:

well you really don't want to hear the coach say he doesn't know what to do and fack.

As much as I was excited to see the Wild BB, I think he needs to go. He doesn’t seem to know what to do with this crew. And if you don’t know what to do with your team, you’re an ineffective coach and you need to go. 

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

As much as I was excited to see the Wild BB, I think he needs to go. He doesn’t seem to know what to do with this crew. And if you don’t know what to do with your team, you’re an ineffective coach and you need to go. 

Joel Quenville wouldn't be a bad option

Just now, bbgarnett said:

Joel Quenville wouldn't be a bad option

He won’t come to this hot mess. He’ll go to a team that is ready to make a run. The Wild is nowhere near making a run. They have vets that can’t stay healthy and mediocre young players. Fast track to nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

He won’t come to this hot mess. He’ll go to a team that is ready to make a run. The Wild is nowhere near making a run. They have vets that can’t stay healthy and mediocre young players. Fast track to nowhere. 

I can guarantee that coaches and players outside of Minnesota know what a s**tshow this team is, and until #11 and #20 are gone, there will be no changes. Therefore, they will completely avoid coming here if they can.

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

I can guarantee that coaches and players outside of Minnesota know what a s**tshow this team is, and until #11 and #20 are gone, there will be no changes. Therefore, they will completely avoid coming here if they can.

That’s probably going to be at least three more seasons. I think the team can buy them out in 2022 with a reasonable cap hit. And then for the love of God stop with the NTC’s...

Just now, Tomdog said:

How does long term injured resrve work

The team has to have a legit long term injury, and then they can go over the cap by the amount of the player put on LTIR. Problem is, once you go over the cap, if the player comes back, you have to get below the cap. Now. That’s the hard part. 

Archived