Sabres celebrating 50 year anniversary

Buffalo Rick

Special Golden jerseys are being worn on some nights to commemorate 50 years in the NHL by the Buffalo Sabres.  There will be many special old players and personnel in the arena this coming week, I believe at the Islanders game?  The late Ted Darling will be mentioned and honored as he was the original voice of the Sabres and he was a very good announcer.  Many members of the Sabres past will be present.  Gilbert Perrault was present at the  home opener. I am going to cast my best goal of the 70s vote.  Gare's goal vs Montreal likely gets my vote but Rene Robert was one of my all time favorite players.  Here is to the Sabres making the playoffs in this special season.  I believe!!!!

We had Saturday night high school dances.  A bunch of hillbilly kids in rural Vermont.  One night, the fool who played the records, decided to include  "Sabre Dance" in the evening's repertoire.  

Didn't get many dancers for that one.

15 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

Yep, apparently they'll be wearing them in 13 home games, because management at Buffalo aren't superstitious.

The design itself seems... ehh, uninspired. I get what they're going for, but it just looks like a very stripey away jersey

Well thanks for posting the games they will wear them at.  I actually love them.  Gold is my favorite color.  There will be some special alumni at  the Islanders game.  I think Rene Robert might be there.  Perrault was at the home opener. Ted Darling who passed away in 96 will be mentioned, he is the original Sabres broadcaster