Game 17: Flyers at Bruins 11/10/19 7pm

OccamsRazor

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

gross... but fair!  As long as baby poo stays firm and upright, you have a good point.  

No, I couldn't think of anything better.  

All eyes will be on Travis's footwork tonight. I will break out the Zapruder camera

6 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I don't expect him to score 70 pts, although I think he could reach 60 especially if he has young offensive talent on his wings.

60pts is a lot for a guy like Hayes. I mean, if you're thinking of it in the sort of "it would be nice" kind of way, then sure. But I certainly wouldn't expect it of him. Pair him with Giroux and he might end up somewhere around there, but that could be said of a lot of guys. 

Again, that's not saying he's a bad player, just that scoring isn't his forte. He's a solid possession player, good along the boards, and a good defensive forward. He's good to have on the team. 60pts though, that would be a career year. 

I mean, we've seen him play enough at this point to see why he's not a 60pt guy. He would need either a better shot or better passing to get to 60 -- or to be on a line with an elite playmaker like Giroux.

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

if you're thinking of it in the sort of "it would be nice" kind of way,

Optimism is my middle name

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

I mean, we've seen him play enough at this point to see why he's not a 60pt guy.

We have

On 11/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, ruxpin said:

I haven't gone through any numbers, etc., because I was just thinking about this and can't look anything up.

Same here right now with this question....i know they have been wanting him for awhile now due to rumors (because they are never wrong)...

...a guy who can score sure he is streaky sometimes but what about...Johnathan Drouin...

would Ghost and Jake get it done would they do that??? 

I would need something else back too. I have always like Drouin. And Montreal is playing well too and doesn't really have to do anything.

Jake looked good last night so now might be the time to strike while the memory is fresh.

Just gauging interest. I know some don't like the kid.

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Same here right now with this question....i know they have been wanting him for awhile now due to rumors (because they are never wrong)...

...a guy who can score sure he is streaky sometimes but what about...Johnathan Drouin...

would Ghost and Jake get it done would they do that??? 

I would need something else back too. I have always like Drouin. And Montreal is playing well too and doesn't really have to do anything.

Jake looked good last night so now might be the time to strike while the memory is fresh.

Just gauging interest. I know some don't like the kid.

Before I comment on the Drouin idea, I guess when you so badly suck, barely adequate qualifies as "good" (Jake).  I actually wondered at one point if he'd been benched.  The fact I didn't notice him probably means he didn't stink as badly as usual, but I was screaming at him on the TV in the first period because he cannot pass straight.   And then about his presence in the shoot out (not his fault, he's not the one sending him out there.  But that's a rant for another time).

Drouin.

I'm okay with it if something else is coming. I'm with you on wondering whether Montreal would do it, largely because Drouin fills their stereotype.   I'm not looking at contracts, etc., so the response is strictly hockey rather than what makes business/cap sense.

But I figure whoever we get back needs to play 3RW, be able to slide to center or slide up the roster when needed.  I think he checks all those boxes.  I mean, we're not getting a world beater back, but it doesn't have to be.  I would definitely want "and..." back, but I don't know what or who that looks like.

Does Jake/Ghost get you Drouin/Chiarot?  And again, would Montreal do that?

EDIT:   Chiarot has a NTC, so this is doubtful. The only other one I'd have kind of an interest in on defense is Mete, but he's 21 so we're just adding another youngin and I don't think that's the way we want to go here.    Not sure.  Drouin is good starting place, though, I think.

Edited by ruxpin

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The fact I didn't notice him probably means he didn't stink as badly as usual

Then you must have left the room on the first goal when he was doing his snow angels...so sad Hayes and Twarynski have to skate a man down on their line...so unfair.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And then about his presence in the shoot out

I still don't think the shootout is the place to "get a going" and then snub your goal scorer in Farabee because you may only get 3 shots (which was the case why waste one?).

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm with you on wondering whether Montreal would do it

Well for what it's worth he was rumored on the block all last year and i would still think they might be inclined to still do it if they can get Ghost in the deal which they have been after for sometime too.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Does Jake/Ghost get you Drouin/Lehkonen

I would prefer this. Give the Flyers a good luck Finn....they have missed for a while...