Wild vs. Hurricanes 12/7/19 @ 6:00PM CST at PNC Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, Alexandron said:

Not a good game against of bunch of jerks after 2 periods. It seems they are dominating . Suter made already plenty of mistakes and Dumba is kind of shy tonight too. 

The Wild are trying to play with the Hurricanes instead of slowing the game down and playing a right defensive game. Not a recipe for success.

Dumba’s been terrible this year. Suter been kind of a wash tonight. Made a bad turnover but then played that 3-on-1 perfectly. 

7 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild are trying to play with the Hurricanes instead of slowing the game down and playing a right defensive game. Not a recipe for success.

Dumba’s been terrible this year. Suter been kind of a wash tonight. Made a bad turnover but then played that 3-on-1 perfectly. 

They figured it worked vs Tampa Bay, So...

Got away with it then.

Edited by ClusterChuck

Yeah, who knew about that stupid rule:

LINE CHANGES FOR DEFENSIVE TEAM: The defensive team will not be permitted a line change when a goalie freezes the puck on any shot from outside the center red line. Similarly, if the actions of a skater of the defensive team cause a stoppage by unintentionally dislodging the net from its moorings, the defensive team will not be permitted to make a line change. In both of these instances, the offensive team will have the choice of which end zone dot the face-off will take place.

5 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Yeah, who knew about that stupid rule:

LINE CHANGES FOR DEFENSIVE TEAM: The defensive team will not be permitted a line change when a goalie freezes the puck on any shot from outside the center red line. Similarly, if the actions of a skater of the defensive team cause a stoppage by unintentionally dislodging the net from its moorings, the defensive team will not be permitted to make a line change. In both of these instances, the offensive team will have the choice of which end zone dot the face-off will take place.

Dubnyk got caught by that one too. Just a dumb rule. 

The long passes in front of the goaltender that either get intercepted or deflected by Carolina needs to stop. They should have figured out early in the game that's not working. Our skaters need to skate the puck on goal themselves and then have other skaters in place to grab the rebound. But hey, what do I know?

2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

The long passes in front of the goaltender that either get intercepted or deflected by Carolina needs to stop. They should have figured out early in the game that's not working. Our skaters need to skate the puck on goal themselves and then have other skaters in place to grab the rebound. But hey, what do I know?

Hopefully this will bring the Wild back to earth. They’ve not been very tight this game. Lots of sloppy passes and the defense has been suspect. 

3 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

They out shot us too 40 shots vs ours 24 shots. Actually a 3rd game in a row - the opponent teams out shot us. Or maybe Sturm and Mennell will help us if they were on the ice?

If we pressured Carolina like they did us, No way they get 40.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

They out shot us too 40 shots vs ours 24 shots. Actually a 3rd game in a row - the opponent teams out shot us. Or maybe Sturm and Mennell will help us if they were on the ice?

Sturm and Menell wouldn’t have helped. Not when Suter and Dumba we’re making major mistakes. Menell would have taken Seelers spot, so that wouldn’t have mattered. Sturm would have taken maybe Rasks or Donato’s spot. And Donato actually had a decent game. Rask was terrible. He eventually got dumped to the fourth line. I highly doubt a fourth line replacement would have mattered. 

Aho Nets a Hat Trick in 6-2 Hurricanes Win Over the Wild

(sigh)  Good fast start, and then the Wild stop moving their feet...give up a 5-on-3 and we were chasing the game ever since.  Suter and Dumba were fumbling the puck and pretty ugly in the defensive zone.  Offensively I felt at times the Wild were trying to be too fancy with the puck instead of just sending shots on goal.  I have a full game recap and a ton of prospect news.  Enjoy...

22 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Okay, that was a really stupid post-game celebration by the 'Canes. How that is a "storm surge" I have no idea.

Another stupid thing I have seen also. I do not know if you had a chance to see that in intermission between a 2nd and a 3rd periods when 2 persons were pretending a show and were battling on the ice with glowing sticks. The bigger person had a shirt with a Hurricanes logo and a smaller skinnier person had a Wild logo on a shirt. Of course,  the biggest person won that battle and put down on the ice a smallest person with the Wild logo. 

Edited by Alexandron

2 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Aho Nets a Hat Trick in 6-2 Hurricanes Win Over the Wild

(sigh)  Good fast start, and then the Wild stop moving their feet...give up a 5-on-3 and we were chasing the game ever since.  Suter and Dumba were fumbling the puck and pretty ugly in the defensive zone.  Offensively I felt at times the Wild were trying to be too fancy with the puck instead of just sending shots on goal.  I have a full game recap and a ton of prospect news.  Enjoy...

Good analysis. I think the Wild started getting too comfortable with winning and thought they could coast to a victory. They got away from doing the simple things that were sustaining the points streak. 
Maybe this will be a wake up call that they aren’t as good as they think they are and they’ll get back to basics. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Probably, Kahkonen would be a better choice for this game? Who knows?

Absolutely. The Wild haven't got a bad game out of him yet. With his size say like Edmundson's shot would been an easy save.

I think it's obvious Stalock isn't a choice in the long run. Too inconsistent. He gives you the occasional good game, mostly mediocre games. Better than Dubnyk but that isn't much is it.

3 hours ago, Miles said:

That was a fun streak. Time to start a new one. 

I don't know Miles how you do that. They were outshot yet again. How can you expect them to win constantly when they are being outshot and outplayed so often? That winning streak was more or less a fluke thanks to unusually efficient scoring and bad goaltending by the opposing goalies.

I guess many had hopes that this streak was a turnaround. This is the true Wild, a contender. But the qualities of this team don't change over night.

The way guys like Aho and TT played and schooled the Wild defense... that's modern hockey. Speed, hockey sense and desire to win. The Wild has many qualities but those three I mentioned...*facepalm*

• Like 1