Wild vs. Jets 12/21/19 @ 1:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Hellebuyck and Jets Silence the Wild in 6-0 Rout

I agree with you @Hockey-78, the team played pretty uninspired hockey in this one.  They were routinely outmuscled / outworked near the opposing crease so they never were able to pounce on rebounds as they had done in previous games.  A lot of of those battles come down to want to more than just strength.  The Wild didn't really want to work that hard.  Stalock wasn't great and Minnesota looked disjointed, tons of terrible passing.  I have a full game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report with highlights and prospect news with some highlights there too.  Enjoy...

• Like 2

If you think Lanta and Walz sound dumb, try close caption in a bar dominated by football fans. Cliche after cliche. Like how the Wild looked strong early but then "the wind went out of their sails" so they need to go home, be with their families, have a practice and "saddle up" to face Calgary Monday.....

• Uggh... 1

I also think that Johnson and Sturm should go back to Iowa. I want to see now again Mayhew (who has 16 goals;7 assists in 24 games already in Iowa ) and a 1st tryout of Sokolov(who was selected 3 times already as a #1 star of the game;4 goals;1 assist in 11 played games there) for at least 5 games tryout.  Fiala and Sokolov (both having a nice individual technique) and should start practicing on LaCrosse-style puck insertion. It seems a pretty effective technique in NHL hockey. Do not understand, why Mayhew played just one game in the big club last time? He is a very good hardworking player. Still like I said before, the big club should improve PP scoring. A shame to see mostly only passes from the veterans during PP. So far our stats in PP are not too good.

4 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Hellebuyck and Jets Silence the Wild in 6-0 Rout

I agree with you @Hockey-78, the team played pretty uninspired hockey in this one.  They were routinely outmuscled / outworked near the opposing crease so they never were able to pounce on rebounds as they had done in previous games.  A lot of of those battles come down to want to more than just strength.  The Wild didn't really want to work that hard.  Stalock wasn't great and Minnesota looked disjointed, tons of terrible passing.  I have a full game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report with highlights and prospect news with some highlights there too.  Enjoy...

"Small chorus of boo's"... sounds like the home team supporters didn't care much either. Has the organization dropped the price of beer? You get your a$$ handed to you like this and only a handful of people raise their opinion about it? That's some weak ch1t.

Just looked through our stats on goals placed against us. We are the worst team in Western Conference with 126 goals placed in our net so far and the second worst team in entire NHL staying just before the Red Wings team with GA 141 goals in their net. Wow.  In goals forward the opposite net we are kind of an average team with GF of 115, which is not bad at all, but still needs an improvement. Because if we are going to keep our goalies, we need evidently to place more goals, or without an offensive improvement we need to look for a better goalies capable to hold our score and steal games on  a persistent matter module. 
I am still kind of disappointing after our loss today. After placing 8 goals(most goals in the Wild history per game) on the last road game, we were not able to put any goals (ZERO) on our home ice in front of the home fans. 6 goals(including 1 shorthanded goal)in regulation into our net was a LOT at home ice arena. Also it was a tactical coach mistake on not replacing a goalie after the 2nd period. And still I do not want to see any smiles on a players bench when we were losing 0:2. It seems, in general, our players were not taking too seriously the team from our current Division, which is a real Stanley Cup contender team.

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Here is an example, how we need to put goals into the Jets net, to make them frustrated:

A superb goal no doubt but unfortunately goals like that won't stop the Wild goalies from allowing soft goals. This team won't be able to beat teams in high scoring games constantly.

The 2nd most goals allowed in the league? You would think BB and/or BG should do something about it.

9 hours ago, Alexandron said:

No way, he is definitely not. Sincerely, I want to see a tryout of Mat Robson now. Maybe it will boost team's defensive mentality again in helping the young goalie.  

You do? He cannot even seem to survive in the AHL. 5-7-3, 2.99, 0.898  He needs much more maturation before thrown to the big pond.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:40 AM, Hockey-78 said:

You do? He cannot even seem to survive in the AHL. 5-7-3, 2.99, 0.898  He needs much more maturation before thrown to the big pond.

I still want to see him for a couple games in the big club, just to see his potential there as well as to bring more confidence into his professional play. Of course and completely agree, his main maturation should be initially done in AHL. No questions at all.

Here is a link to read more about his nice career notes:

https://www.iowawild.com/players/detail/robson