Allison and Brink both out with injuries

RonJeremy

21 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Laberge was scoring some goals until he went.oit injured, hes been out a while now.

Not sure where you are getting your info from but he has been with the Phantoms and has been sent down.

Not sure why he is with the Royals but at 21 it doesn't sound like he will ever get his shot with the Flyers.

Maybe this should be in the prospects discussion (feel free to move it mods) but I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are about who will be challenging for a spot on the team in the next 2 years. 

Definitely:  Frost

Maybes:  Zamula, O'Brien, Vorobyov, Allison, Rubtsov, Laczynski, York

Probably not but outside chance:  Brink, Ratcliffe, Laberge, Ustimenko backing up Hart?

The Flyers are in the top 10 youngest teams in the NHL however, if my list isn't completely off there really isn't a large influx of young talent coming up.

image.thumb.png.d9b2f0a7e17df3bb431e899c5d4094ef.png

image.png.8bb292260a1244f250f8721ad17c9335.png

25 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Definitely:  Frost

I would throw Rubtsov in there for the Flyers. Vorobyev i have given up on he is just to soft to play in the NHL i think.

27 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Maybes:  Zamula, O'Brien, Vorobyov, Allison, Rubtsov, Laczynski, York

Zamula will be a solid addition to the Phantoms. As well as Allison and Laczynski if he signs. I think York goes back to college unless he pulls a Joel Farabee we'll see.

I think they sign Noah Cates he is younger than Laczynski and has almost as many points in less games. Cates is under the radar kind of.

Laczynski 30 gp 7 g 20 a 27 pts

Cates 28 gp 13 g 13 a 26 pts

I think the college line could be good for the Phantoms.

Seems like Ratcliffe is learning to find his game in the AHL now that he isn't so much bigger than everyone else. It could take another year on him.

Plus there are several more kids who may come over from Europe and junior too. Hard to say now what Chuckles does with limited contracts to be able to hand out.

Frats boy line Cates - Laczynski - Allison 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure where you are getting your info from but he has been with the Phantoms and has been sent down.

Not sure why he is with the Royals but at 21 it doesn't sound like he will ever get his shot with the Flyers.

OK, I didn’t know he got sent down. I saw he was scoring pretty well for the Phantoms, then as I checked the stats , I didn’t see any more GP, so I thought he got hurt.

Frost for sure, I think if Allison can get a half season with no injuries with the Phantoms, he might get called up. He has some size and grit and is a finisher, which is our biggest need. Rubstov is also a top candidate, because he has a good defensive game. If some of these guys make it, then who are we getting rid of.? Raffl, Clitlick and Laughton have been pretty clutch for us and they put in a consistent effort.

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

who are we getting rid of.? Raffl, Clitlick and Laughton have been pretty clutch for us and they put in a consistent effort.

Honestly don't be shocked if they resign Pitlick i have been impressed with hi and two guys who need new contracts are him and NAK.

So i wouldn't be shocked if they run it back with those two and make the kids make them trade someone sometime next year.

I'm down with that i don't believe in handing kids a spot i want them to earn it and that will start at camp next year.

So i expect the forward group to really start the following year as pretty much to where they are right now.

With one caveat...the offseason is where the could try and trade a JVR or Voracek.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
49 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick - 18 Tyler Pitlick
12 Michael Raffl - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

So let's go out on a limb and say they trade JVR. That would be the hole they will have open and kids fighting to fill.

But i will be a positive guy and say Patrick rebounds and comes out and is healthy and steals a spot so then really it's filled.

So Flyers move JVR at the draft for picks and a prospect....they don't have a 3rd in the upcoming draft (lost for Hayes) so maybe a 3rd in this years draft and a 2nd in 2021....i think that is doable more like a salary dump if you will.

• Good Post 1