Colby Cave dies at 25 of brain bleed

yave1964

Edmonton Oiler Colby Cave passed away this morning after a brain bleed caused by a colloid cyst. He was rushed to a hospital in Barrie on Tuesday, taken to toronto where he had emergency surgery and was in a coma. 

I am not going to repost the twitter comments of his wife Emily, they are out there for you to read if you want, they are heartbreaking, a family shattered by a fluke thing, Christ i have kids older than him, one his exact age.

Rest in peace sir. Hoping his family finds peace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

In an effort to preserve the integrity of his message, here is the statement from McDavid unedited and in full:

Just doesn’t make any sense ... Heavy heavy heart today as I try to wrap my head around this. You were an amazing person and always brought so much energy and positivity into the room and in peoples lives. You will be deeply missed Caver. Sending all my love to Emily and the entire Cave family through this difficult time.

R I P .

• Sad 1

Wow...just wow.

I remember seeing him in a handful of Oilers games when he got called up last year and this.
Not much of a goal scorer, but seemed to really leave it all out there on the ice with regards to being fully engaged in games.
He was  a bit physical in his style....something the Oilers could ALWAYS use, smart physicality....and likely, had he stayed in the NHL, been a career 3rd or 4th liner.

Beyond hockey though, just sad that a 25 yr old athlete is just gone. Just like that.
I have 3 brothers...two are older than I am, one is younger, and I always considered the younger one a "baby" (in the affectionate sense).... but he is older than 25.

Can't imagine the pain this "baby's" family is in....especially his mother.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Remember people! We aren't guaranteed the next heartbeat. 

All I'm trying to say is don't take the your life for granted. It will be gone sooner than you think!

I hate to be morbid. I try hard not to take life for granted.

• Like 1