What are the Jackets up to?

yave1964

In the last 24 hours the CBJ have traded Marcus Nutivaara  who has 2 years at 2.7 million per year on his deal for a non prospect named Cliff Pu, and traded long time Jacket Ryan Murray at 4.7 million this coming season to the Devils for a 5th rounder.

In short, they traded their second pair on defense for Pu. 

So... what is going on?

This is an organization that has a difficult time attracting free agents and keeping players sticking around, but this is an unusual year where players are going to have a difficult time finding suitors with all the unknowns of Covid. Columbus looks ready to step up and make a play. I see them signing one (or more) of the big boys, Taylor Hall would be ideal on the top line with Atkinson and PLD, i think in most years it would never happen but he has stated he is willing to sign a short term deal, two or three years and he would be ideal.

So Hall, or Krug which would make their defnse even more difficult tp play against, or Toffoli, or one of the Panthers, Hoffman or Dadonov.

One way or the other, the Jackets will be a player in free agency this year.

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

@yave1964 My guess is that they're clearing the deck for Taylor Hall, though I've been thinking that he'll wind up in Colorado.

I have been reading Nashville for Hall, OMG i would love to see him in Colorado with MacKinnon if he doesnt wind up in Columbus.

@yave1964

Only projections at this stage of course, but this.....this actually doesn't look too bad.
If health co-operates, Jackets should once again be very competitive.
And this doesn't even take into account anyone in the minors who may be about ready to step in.

These projections were taken from dailyfaceoff dot com.

745929574_COLUMBUSCOMPLETE.thumb.jpg.a0d16ea8c047a7140f9160a6048f4ee9.jpg