LTIR Trade

mojo1917

So if I read this right, (it was late) The Lightning traded for not one but two players on LITR, for actual hockey players that will, you know, suit up for the Senators. Coburn is top 4a for the Sens and Paquette makes that team even more difficult to play against. The Lightning get to pay the players on their roster because the players they traded for won't being playing.

Is it me or is this the best salary cap work around in the history of the cap?

Edited by mojo1917

As I have said in @yave1964 's signings thread, Julien Brisbois has learned how to manage (or manipulate...depending on your point of view) the cap very well in order to continue to keep a competitive, contending team on the ice year after year.

I was worried Brisbois would foul up the very solid base Yzerman put into place, but I think it is safe to say, watching him work over the last year, and into this off season, he knows what he needs to do, and the best way to go about it..... even if it means taking advantage of every available NHL rule to do it.

I think the Bolts are in good hands for the foreseeable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As I have said in @yave1964 's signings thread, Julien Brisbois has learned how to manage (or manipulate...depending on your point of view) the cap very well in order to continue to keep a competitive, contending team on the ice year after year.

I was worried Brisbois would foul up the very solid base Yzerman put into place, but I think it is safe to say, watching him work over the last year, and into this off season, he knows what he needs to do, and the best way to go about it..... even if it means taking advantage of every available NHL rule to do it.

I think the Bolts are in good hands for the foreseeable. 

The only thing missing from this beautifully ran franchise was a cup, which they added last year. I doubt anyone would truly be surprised if they were to win it all again this year. Simply the best organization in the game, period, full stop.

• Like 1