Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings, Saturday 1-16-21, 8:00pm, Staples Center

MNSOTA

Kirill Kaprizov captures Wild fans' hopes and hearts in opening weekend

So here is a summary of my thoughts on the weekend.  I know its different than what we normally do, but with the fact we have to stream the games online I can't really do the report like I normally would.  So we are going to do series recaps instead of the in-depth period by period accounts like we did before.  We'll keep doing game-to-game previews though.  

I hope you like this new format, but feel free to tell me what you think of it.  

Enjoy and discuss!  

38 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Kirill Kaprizov captures Wild fans' hopes and hearts in opening weekend

So here is a summary of my thoughts on the weekend.  I know its different than what we normally do, but with the fact we have to stream the games online I can't really do the report like I normally would.  So we are going to do series recaps instead of the in-depth period by period accounts like we did before.  We'll keep doing game-to-game previews though.  

I hope you like this new format, but feel free to tell me what you think of it.  

Enjoy and discuss!  

I'm going to miss the old format of reporting, when I haven't seen the game, but when I have seen the game at least partly, I like this one more. It's a nice change giving me the chance of pausing a little bit and thinking where the Wild has been and where it possibly is heading to.

Right now I hope that the two KK's + Fiala will make us a very competent and fun team to watch.

The one thing that I think maybe a bit differently on is Greenway. I think he's not shown enough yet, despite the 3rd line having two good games under the belt. He's not as edgy as Foligno and Ek are. I still see too much of his nice guy personality on ice.

I usually don't like hockey fights that much, but Greenway makes me wish that someone would get under his skin enough to make him have a fight. Maybe then Greenway would find a little bit of that nastiness the Tkachuk brothers epitomize and he would be huge for the Wild. If he does not, I can't see a use for him.