Reasons to keep Jeff Blashill

yave1964

I have been very hard on Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill for his failure to develop first round picks, for his yoyoing minutes of players and poor communications. In the interest of equal time I have given it a lot of thought this morning and decided to list every single reason that I can think of to keep a coach who has guided the wings to what will be the worst two consecutive years in team history.

So again, in the interest of fair play, listed below are all the reasons that I could come up with to keep Blashill on as head coach. Thank you, pleasant reading.

• Like 2

Lmao.

I saw the "Reasons to keep Jeff Blashill" title and thought for just a second that it was the "Shortest Books Ever Written" thread.

I'll be okay.

(Turns out I wasn't terribly far off the mark)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lmao.

I saw the "Reasons to keep Jeff Blashill" title and thought for just a second that it was the "Shortest Books Ever Written" thread.

I'll be okay.

(Turns out I wasn't terribly far off the mark)

I laughed at your post, because I thought the same thing.........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I have been very hard on Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill for his failure to develop first round picks, for his yoyoing minutes of players and poor communications. In the interest of equal time I have given it a lot of thought this morning and decided to list every single reason that I can think of to keep a coach who has guided the wings to what will be the worst two consecutive years in team history.

So again, in the interest of fair play, listed below are all the reasons that I could come up with to keep Blashill on as head coach. Thank you, pleasant reading.

Question NOW becomes... does Steve Yzerman also believe Blashill stunts the growth of younger players?
If so, then he best get a replacement sooner than later, because without a full on AHL and Juniors season, young players are going to rely heavily on NHL minutes...... and if those young players are to be the future of the organization, Yzerman can't afford to have a coach who won't move them forward.

If this were a normal season, I'd say, while the Red Wings are wallowing at the bottom of the league, leave Blashill in there while a calm search is conducted to find just the right guy to meld the team into a contender. All the while young talent is given playtime, they take their beatings, and get acclimated with the do's and don'ts of being NHL professionals.

But this isn't a normal season, these aren't normal times, and any hopes Yzerman has of duplicating the foundation he set in Tampa Bay rests on his coaches' abilities to get young players to NHL speed.
If Blashill is in the way of that, he definitely needs to go.

Sorry, my post was all about NOT keeping Blashill, rather than the titular "Reasons to Keep Blashill".....though strangely enough, my long winded post coincides with your dearth of words on the matter.....  AND, @ruxpin's reason to visit this thread.  :bigteeth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1