Lightning win 2021 Stanley Cup

Loving my hockey life right about now and have been for the past three seasons especially, despite the terrible crash n burn from two seasons ago.

Now....all I need is the Minnesota Wild to get up to speed and build a similar, long lasting, contender!

And, gasp, will I EVER see a dream SC Finals of the Minnesota Wild vs the Tampa Bay Lightning in my lifetime??
It's a scenario where I can't POSSIBLY lose no matter who wins!  :biggrin: 

But, back to the business at hand:
Bolts are the Champions....again!

They now have now matched the 97-98 Wings and the 16-17 Penguins as repeat champions, have ONE UPPED the Kings in titles won simply because the Bolts did it consecutively as opposed to the Kings' 2 in 3 seasons............and now can look towards the challenge of possibly a three peat (highly unlikely especially if the salary cap and expansion draft take its toll), or perhaps another Cup, Blackhawks style after another season or two of tweaking and mini rebuilding.

That will certainly be Julien Brisebois' challenge moving forward: Keeping this team winning, keeping them competitive, keeping them Cup worthy.

5 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Hah!

Kuch getting his party started.....I do believe he is a bit drunk here.... :bigteeth: 
Although if he is, he'd be an even LIGHTER flyweight drinker than I am, seeing as how he hadn't had much time to drink anything before this presser!

And no, he SHOULDN'T care what the critics think.
He's got two rings now and could possibly get a third one before his career is said n done and that speaks louder than any naysayer can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

The Presentation...

Stamkos was in some tears once the final horn went off (as was I ....just a tiny bit) as I believe this Cup means more to him personally than probably the first one did last season.

Stammer is ALL ABOUT the team....he still puts up decent numbers, but I think it is his character, and team-first attitude which makes him very important to this club and something you simply don't "replace".
But for him on a personal level, to be able to be more of a part of this year's run, yea, I can see why he let his emotions overflow on the ice and in the ensuing interviews.

From being this high octane, high scoring rookie player to now a more seasoned, more well rounded, two time Cup champion, it has been fun for me watching this man grow.
And he still has plenty of hockey left in him of course.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

4 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Good for him...

However, when the blues beat the bruins in 7 for that Cup, he was a real pain in the ass in that series, he did his job and did it well, but it made me dislike him alot....LOL

Always wondered what would have happened had the Flyers hung onto him...sure could have used him...and they traded him for bums.

:bonkingheadonwall:

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Always wondered what would have happened had the Flyers hung onto him...sure could have used him...and they traded him for bums.

:bonkingheadonwall:

To be fair though, until he got to St. Louis, everyone seemed to think Maroon was a top six power forward...which he is NOT.

Since he embraced his bottom six role and specifically, his FOURTH line role with the Bolts, he has been much more help to his teams than when he was being carried on the top six by better suited players for those positions.

My point is, the three time Cup winning Maroon we see now may not have been possible without first going through the ups n downs he did with previous teams thinking he would be the next Cam Neely.

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

My point is, the three time Cup winning Maroon we see now may not have been possible without first going through the ups n downs he did with previous teams thinking he would be the next Cam Neely.

Yes he got into some issues in the AHL with head coach Greg Gilbert and Homer thought he needed a fresh start so he owes Homer a lot for giving him his chance.

Congrats to the repeat....

lightning-stanley-cup-champions-1-640x36

...now with the expansion looming and the vultures ready to pick the Bolts bones clean due to their cap issues is there a chance they will be going for a 3 peat???

44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Congrats to the repeat....

lightning-stanley-cup-champions-1-640x36

...now with the expansion looming and the vultures ready to pick the Bolts bones clean due to their cap issues is there a chance they will be going for a 3 peat???

There actually HAS been some talk of a three-peat....hey, the organization always needs a goal...stay hungry and all, ya know!

But, we will see how things shake out in the off season, after the expansion draft, and after contracts have been settled.

As a fan, I will be taking things one step at a time, and right now, first and foremost is to continue to enjoy the fact my team has been the best in hockey two years running.

Everything else will be taken in stride.
Even if the Bolts don't have enough for a three-peat, the team would still be strong enough to at least make the playoffs due to the still solid and in their prime core, plus TB has some good young guns forwards chomping at the bit in the minors waiting for their shot.

They might have to take a step backwards over the next season or two, then come back strong once again, ala the Blackhawks.

Other clubs surely will be improved as well to pose serious threats to Tampa Bay along with the impending salary cap crunch.

But again, right now, it's Champion Bolts until they aren't! ;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

There actually HAS been some talk of a three-peat

Hearing that Nikita Kucherov is back on LTIR and is hoping he will be ready for next year's playoffs.

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hah!

Kuch getting his party started.....I do believe he is a bit drunk here.... :bigteeth: 
Although if he is, he'd be an even LIGHTER flyweight drinker than I am, seeing as how he hadn't had much time to drink anything before this presser!

Doesn't take long to get into the nose beers

On 7/8/2021 at 11:02 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

No, no.....It's Victor Hedman's turn to go on LTIR :rolleyes:

Kuch with more salt for the wound....check out the shirt...

...i am sure someone in Montreal is planning his assassination.... 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...