Carey price waives no move clause before expansion draft

WTF lol

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-carey-price-expansion-draft-1.1669047

I get that everyone thinks "nobody will ever take his contract"

But the guy just had like a Cinderella clutch as heck playoff run and is in the conversation of "best goalies in the world"

Seattle might just take him

• Like 1

I thought the same "contract will scare off Seattle"

But, in the main chat, I also said the Kraken may very well take him anyways, get a couple good years out of him and worry about "paying the devil" later on as he gets older.

He is still a very good goalie as he proved in the playoffs helping to steal games away the Habs probably should have lost.

23 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

WTF lol

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-carey-price-expansion-draft-1.1669047

I get that everyone thinks "nobody will ever take his contract"

But the guy just had like a Cinderella clutch as heck playoff run and is in the conversation of "best goalies in the world"

Seattle might just take him

He is safe Price is due an 11 million dollar signing bonus in September.

Can't see them forking out something like that before he has even played a game...or even practiced.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is safe Price is due an 11 million dollar signing bonus in September.

Can't see them forking out something like that before he has even played a game...or even practiced.

Well, if Seattle has an interest, it just may come down to whether they DO want to pay out.
Not like Price has to audition.
He's played long enough, done enough.... Seattle knows what they would be getting performance-wise.
He's not some unknown player they need to "check out and see what he's got".

Health is something else though.
But I am sure the Kraken would do their due diligence....again, if they really have an interest.

He played Jr around the approx area, his wife is from there...and if your planning a opening media blitz or hoping to sell merchandise or jerseys...or box seats, Price is a fine center piece to build around and a face of the fledgling franchise.  Cant figure out why Mtl didn't just give Seattle a 2nd rd pick to not take Allen instead of exposing Price??

4 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

He played Jr around the approx area, his wife is from there...and if your planning a opening media blitz or hoping to sell merchandise or jerseys...or box seats, Price is a fine center piece to build around and a face of the fledgling franchise.  Cant figure out why Mtl didn't just give Seattle a 2nd rd pick to not take Allen instead of exposing Price??

Errrr, because Marc Bergevin? :bigteeth: 

• Haha 1