Kaprizov - Fiala double trouble

lynxrattle

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

In my opinion, for both worlds  will be the best major time in the Wild and some time in Iowa for our promising youngsters. Only that way they can get the real NHL experience and real NHL mentality. :-).

I'm all for that too, but only if the Wild plays four lines with even TOI. Otherwise the prospects will get too little TOI.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:40 AM, lynxrattle said:

I'm all for that too, but only if the Wild plays four lines with even TOI. Otherwise the prospects will get too little TOI.

I still think that the prospects would prefer to play initially less minutes but receive more money at NHL according to their contracts instead of to play more minutes at AHL and to receive less money. If they will show a persistent nice production with less minutes of play in the big club then they will get a chance to play more minutes in the top lines. A nice example is our EEK who started from the lower lines and was moved to the top lines, and opposite example, is our Parise play last season who started at the top line and finished at the bench.

In my opinion, NHL and AHL are different worlds with their own rules of professional life. 

I can see your point. It's a balance: First having enough TOI to have a chance of learning good habits through repetition, and then when the basic skills are there, learning through watching the best players play and playing against the best players. If you rush players, they have bad habits, and if you don't give them a chance, they'll never reach their full potential.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Judd Zulgad and Declan Goff running Judd's Hockey Show YouTube Channel were discussing trading Fiala. It is obvious that things are not working smoothly with Fiala and Evason, and trading him might be a win-win situation for everyone.

I'm still worried that what if Rossi could be the center they need? Would a Rossi-Kap-Fiala combination when trailing, lessen the need for these  6 against 5 comebacks? To trade Fiala we would really have to see how Fiala and Kap  play together. PP and OT really isn't showing clearly enough what Fiala is able to achieve (- or not achieve).

I would hate to see Fiala in the first line of some other team, with capable linemates suddenly start scoring 30 - 35 goals a season. On the other hand a trade could be good enough for us too to compensate for any potential success for Fiala elsewhere.

Personally, it will be sad for me if we will trade him somewhere. Even if he does not produce, I still have lots of interest to watch his individual play. As well as to watch Kaprizov's play and recently Pitlick's play.

Evason better should talk more to Greenway. He practically is not shooting during the game.

I just finished to watch the newest video on YouTube:

Becoming Wild: Alex Goligoski. He has a pretty solid shot according to that video. And I think he should shoot more during the game. 

Fiala being benched from the PP, playing very little in the third periods of recent games, saying Evason hasn't said a reason for the benching, and not getting a long term contract. It's all speculation of course, but the one year deal is indicative of either "prove you are worth keeping" or "We might not have the money to keep you after this season".

I like Fiala probably for the same reason coaches roast him. He's unpredictable. Being surprised is fun. Too much of that and he turns into a turnover machine, though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Fiala being benched from the PP, playing very little in the third periods of recent games, saying Evason hasn't said a reason for the benching, and not getting a long term contract. It's all speculation of course, but the one year deal is indicative of either "prove you are worth keeping" or "We might not have the money to keep you after this season".

I like Fiala probably for the same reason coaches roast him. He's unpredictable. Being surprised is fun. Too much of that and he turns into a turnover machine, though.

I still believe that he has a talent to change sooner or later turnover machine into a high scoring machine. He proved that multiple times during his career. The most interesting for me Fiala has lots of chances in scoring. Probably the highest rate in our team.

2 hours ago, Math said:

I'm still mad at him for having missed a wide open net in OT of the World Champs final against Sweden.

Yeah. That is exactly the one main problem. He keeps on ending up on all those scoring opportunities, but somehow doesn't finish them. I'd say either a sports psychologist or a near-total concentration on off-season shooting practice program would be due.

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

Yeah. That is exactly the one main problem. He keeps on ending up on all those scoring opportunities, but somehow doesn't finish them. I'd say either a sports psychologist or a near-total concentration on off-season shooting practice program would be due.

Yeah. He needs improvement in that area, because he has the most scoring opportunities for our team.

18 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Kap just broke Gaborik's Wild history record in getting the most points in 20 games.

I think both Kaprizov and Fiala are not double trouble any more. Fiala made a superb pass to Kaprizov's last goal of the game. And Kaprizov is having two 4 points games in a last 5. Personally for me still questionable is Greenway. But and he is doing some progress. I had a chance to watch a couple condensed Vancouver games. I was not too impressed of J.T.Miller.

According to Russo, Evason said that Zuccarello is planning to play on Sunday against Tampa. Probably, our arena will be full like it was on Friday. ( more than 19,000.00 fans).

In the last game they were double trouble for the Jets. Fiala made a very nice pass to Kap, which led to a goal. Kap had a huge game and Fiala had a good game. If only Fiala starts finishing some of his chances, they could become triple trouble for the opposing teams.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Well, now it looks quadruple trouble for the opponents. Kap and Zucc as always, but now it's also Boldy and Fiala. My God, the way they connect with each other! I thought Fiala would have no chemistry with nobody, but now he looks like one of the Sedin brothers together with Boldy. I just can't understand how Boldy can be this ready to play. I could understand it, if he was a highly-touted number one pick, but this is a welcome surprise.

Edited by lynxrattle
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Well, now it looks quadruple trouble for the opponents. Kap and Zucc as always, but now it's also Boldy and Fiala. My God, the way they connect with each other! I thought Fiala would have no chemistry with nobody, but now he looks like one of the Sedin brothers together with Boldy. I just can't understand how Boldy can be this ready to play. I could understand it, if he was a highly-touted number one pick, but this is a welcome surprise.

He just was born to be an NHL-er. And now we have a quadruple trouble for the opposing teams. 🙂

• Like 1