Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Sunday 12-12-21, 8:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

These last 2 games for 2 very different reasons should cool those who've been planning the Parade Route.
Even 1 point tonight would've made this a decent 4 gm road trip, Now it's just Meh.

Agree. 2 teams in a row found a way to win against us.

Wild Run Out of Gas Against Vegas in 6-4 Loss

The game kind of went as I expected.  We made a struggling power play look brilliant while we looked inept with a 5-on-3.  Even with some hilariously bad calls the Wild had their chances to win this game.  Kaprizov was mostly invisible.  Spurgeon looked a lot better tonight than he did in Los Angeles.  Fiala also looked mostly uninterested too.  This team can't afford anyone to ease up a bit if you want to beat Vegas or any of the other loaded teams in the West.  The Wild did a nice job of making Zach Whitecloud look like a total stud.  I have lots of extras with the post-gamer, check it out!  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

There is something systemically wrong with our PP strategy.  Who are we trying to position to take the shots on goal?  Kap skates around into the weirdest areas in the middle.  Fiala takes any low percentage shot he can consider without getting benched, the D just try to blast it from the point, and EEK and Zucc plant themselves  and wait for a signal.  The 2nd PP just tries to muscle everything into the front of the net for a greasy goal (not always a bad strategy).  We just DO NOT have a strategy AT ALL

This is so true. The fact that we have a few pp goals the last few games is probably more law of averages rather than strategy. Vegas clearly has a different approach to the pp than we do but their personnel might have something to do with that.

I don’t know if the wild have a strategy other than put as much talent on the ice and try to get net front presence. 
There really is no player rotation to make defenders move their feet. 
personaly I would rather see defenseman at the points as that is who is the most comfortable in that position.