Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Monday 12-20-21, 7:30pm, American Airlines Arena

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Time for Rossi.  With EEK possibly out, that would be an easy decision.  Otherwise, take your pick.  Sit Duhaime, GaudAWFUL, Bjug, Rask - I don't care.  Just do it BG, and quit trying to tax the youngsters with the old 'earning their stripes' crap.  We need to recover from a 4 game losing streak (longest in 2 years?)

Yes. It is time for Rossi now.  Last year was a perfect chance to use Boldy for the last 10 games on tryout during the regular season and during 7 playoffs games. But we did not use it. 

Our defenseman Addison is also has a nice offensive mind too. Here is a link from a last game, when Iowa Wild won with a score 4:1. Addison placed 2 goals in that game:

https://www.iowawild.com/news/detail/addison-leads-wild-to-4-1-win-over-moose

Still terrible. 4 lost games in a row and the first time this season that I get the the thought: "oh no, it's the opening of the obligatory Minnesota Wild slumping season". The break comes at a good moment I guess, and hopefully we'll see a rejuvenated and healthy team when the games begin again.

Merry Christmas everyone!

(and when I say Christmas I mean Xmas/holiday/Hanukkah/break from the games/Tantra orgy/ice fishing weekend or whatever each and every individual is going do to celebrate this time of year)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Yes. It is time for Rossi now.  Last year was a perfect chance to use Boldy for the last 10 games on tryout during the regular season and during 7 playoffs games. But we did not use it. 

Our defenseman Addison is also has a nice offensive mind too. Here is a link from a last game, when Iowa Wild won with a score 4:1. Addison placed 2 goals in that game:

https://www.iowawild.com/news/detail/addison-leads-wild-to-4-1-win-over-moose

I would try Boldy too. I think he recovered after injury  and practically is getting a point per game. In 7 played games in Iowa he has 7 points(4 goals;3 assists). Rossi also getting a point per game and is having 18 points (4 goals;14 assists) in 18 played games there.

On 12/20/2021 at 11:32 PM, lynxrattle said:

(and when I say Christmas I mean Xmas/holiday/Hanukkah/break from the games/Tantra orgy/ice fishing weekend or whatever each and every individual is going do to celebrate this time of year)

and you as well. :) 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:32 PM, lynxrattle said:

An ice fishing weekend sounds wonderfully intriguing. Still not sure if ice on our lakes is strong enough. We need to have more than 4 inches of ice thickness just for walking on ice to make safe ice fishing. We had some spikes of unusual warm weather even with thunderstorms and lightnings in the mid of December, which I have not seen in my life. Even today we are expecting up to 44 oF. 

Hope this winter season will give me more ice fishing experience.😉. Last winter I was able to catch only 3 perches. 😟.

• Like 1

No on Rossi.  He's not ready.  I watch every Iowa game, while he can make some great plays he's not just dominating especially at even strength.  Rossi has been rag dolled.  It would only be worse and more overwhelming for him at the NHL level.  I also think the pace of play at the NHL level would be a struggle for him too.  He's not all that explosive speed-wise.  More shifty than fast.  

Boldy is hurt, but when he's been in he's been noticeable and dominant whether on the power play or at even strength.  But Boldy isn't going to fill that center void.  

IMO, this season doesn't matter.  We're going to have to hollow some things out with the cap crunch.  Its not worth stifling development and putting Rossi's contract in motion by having him play with the big club.  Its better for his development to keep the focus on long-term development and let him stay and play a lot in Iowa.  The Wild cannot afford to screw up this kid's development.  

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1