Minnesota Wild @ Winnipeg Jets, Tuesday 2-8-22, 7:00pm, Canada Life Centre

MNSOTA

To me the message was clear. The refs allowed the Jets to change the rules of the game by allowing interference by a late hit. Foligno's knee was a question: "is it OK, if we change the rule on kneeing someone's face as well?"

I do hope the NHL took notice, and the next time the Jets try to follow their own rule book, the refs cut it down immediately.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

To me the message was clear. The refs allowed the Jets to change the rules of the game by allowing interference by a late hit. Foligno's knee was a question: "is it OK, if we change the rule on kneeing someone's face as well?"

I do hope the NHL took notice, and the next time the Jets try to follow their own rule book, the refs cut it down immediately.

I'm sure the NHL gets a look at Foligno's actions but like you said, They need to take a look at what led up to it also.

Here I thought our next game was tonight. :P
Time to practice up and get back for a tough opponent. I expect a better more like Wild game.

4 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I'm sure the NHL gets a look at Foligno's actions but like you said, They need to take a look at what led up to it also.

Here I thought our next game was tonight. :P
Time to practice up and get back for a tough opponent. I expect a better more like Wild game.

Completely agree, they should look for previous cause of this also.

Same happened with Malkin a couple seasons ago when opponent player hit him badly with a stick to the back of his neck and head causing Malkin to fall down on ice. After that Malkin smashed the opponent player with a stick across his back side of the body. During the game after this the opponent player never touched Malkin. The opponent player did not get any suspension but Malkin have got 2 games suspension. Which is not right in my opinion, same as with Foligno case. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Agree, the refs were guilty the most in this game by not able to prevent that dirty play.

The refs have their game management strategies (https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/players-coaches-say-referees-game-management-make-calls/), and the Wild should have strategies on how to bend the refs' game management into a Wild friendly direction (that is neutral refereeing allowing a fast and hard, but clean game). In the game against the Jets, the Jets won that competition 12 - 0, turning the game into a mud wrestling extravaganza, favouring the slower and less skillful Jets.

I'm not saying the loss was all about the game management favouring the Jets' game style, though. I bet half of our team was still suffering from a break in the schedule hangover. I'm sure we'll play better against CAR.

Nowadays CAR is a scary team, though. It'll be very interesting to see how we manage to contain their speed and skill. Maybe we would need to rough them up a bit. Just like the Jets played against us 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

The refs have their game management strategies (https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/players-coaches-say-referees-game-management-make-calls/), and the Wild should have strategies on how to bend the refs' game management into a Wild friendly direction (that is neutral refereeing allowing a fast and hard, but clean game). In the game against the Jets, the Jets won that competition 12 - 0, turning the game into a mud wrestling extravaganza, favouring the slower and less skillful Jets.

I'm not saying the loss was all about the game management favouring the Jets' game style, though. I bet half of our team was still suffering from a break in the schedule hangover. I'm sure we'll play better against CAR.

Nowadays CAR is a scary team, though. It'll be very interesting to see how we manage to contain their speed and skill. Maybe we would need to rough them up a bit. Just like the Jets played against us 😅

Interesting story and vid there. I find it funny how the coaches support and comiserate with the ref's and their job but still almost burst a vessel at them on a 'blown' call.😁
Then all the advertising and revenue from gambling sites getting in the mix. Imo, It's insane to bet on sports Especially Hockey. Over/Under ? Forget it with all the ENG's and pulling the goalies with a 1/4 of the period remaining.
In the Jets game, The refs could've nipped the Jets antics early but they weren't being too dirty. They decided to focus on how we reacted to such antics. 

• Like 1