Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues, Thursday 4-7-22, 7:00pm, Scottrade Center

MNSOTA

4 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

That is real reality. They tied us for a 2nd place in Central Division.  No doubt - they are a very tough speedy big team. I think our Division is the most hardest one in NHL. Usually 6 out of 8 teams in our Division are very competitive here. Playoffs always tough as well too. We have a nice challenge to play here which I like it. To play against them our team is getting better, because we play the most games inside of our Division (Colorado, St. Louis; Nashville; Dallas; Winnipeg...).

We have only 1 total win over these 3 so far. 😬
Time to have Kap get 2 goals on the next 2 home games to take the pressure off all that.

• Good Post 1

Just got back to my hotel room in Maple Grove after my U16 team won a very physical game 6-5. CC and I said we’d take 5 points on this roady and what the hell they got 5 points. Was able to listen to overtime on my way back 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 3

Is it just me or have ohers noticed the Wild are kind of passive after losing the puck in the offensive zone.

It seems they are content to fall back and wate for the other team to make a mistake.

It also seems the Wild really struggle when their opponent chalenges them in the defensive zone quickly.

Teams that put on a full court press really give the Wild fits.

I may be wrong about this, but that is my overall impression.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Is it just me or have ohers noticed the Wild are kind of passive after losing the puck in the offensive zone.

It seems they are content to fall back and wate for the other team to make a mistake.

It also seems the Wild really struggle when their opponent chalenges them in the defensive zone quickly.

Good point. Hopefully they will will fix that during the remaining games of the regular season. Wish Boldy will recover soon who had the best chemistry with Fiala. I do not see anyone better with him.  Still I am not sure about Benn. Sometimes he looks confused during the game. Maybe Addison is our better option? 

29 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I think we spend so much energy on getting out of our end when pressed like that, We've got none left in the O-zone and need a change.
Like those crazy presses we do 6 on 5, While we can't do that every shift ofc :P I'd like to see a little bit more of it especially in the 3rd when you just get a 3-1 lead. ;) 

• Like 1