Wild vs. Blues (Game #4 GDT)

Wild vs. Blues (Game #4) Game Preview

Minnesota leads the series 2-1

Minnesota Wild

3.67 Goals For Per Game (8th in the NHL)

2.33 Goals Against Per Game (7th in the NHL)

15.4% Power Play (10th in the NHL)

71.4% Penalty Kill (12th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 4G 1A = 5pts

2. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 3G 2A = 5pts

3. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 0G 4A = 4pts

4. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

5. #25 Jonas Brodin ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 14 PIM’s

2. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 8 PIM’s

3. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 6 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot N/A

2. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (2-1)  2.34GAA  .926%

Vs.

St. Louis Blues

2.33 Goals For Per Game (12th in the NHL)

3.67 Goals Against Per Game (10th in the NHL)

28.6% Power Play (5th in the NHL)

84.6% Penalty Kill (7th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #57 David Perron ~ 3G 1A = 4pts

2. #90 Ryan O’Reilly ~ 2G 1A = 3pts

3. #91 Vladimir Tarasenko ~ 1G 1A = 2pts

4. #18 Robert Thomas ~ 0G 2A = 2pts

5. #72 Justin Faulk ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #72 Justin Faulk ~ 8 PIM’s

2. #57 David Perron ~ 4 PIM’s

3. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 4 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Ville Husso (1-2)  3.02GAA  .906%  1SO

2. #50 Jordan Binnington N/A

Minnesota had perhaps its most dominant playoff game in a long time in their Game #3 victory.  They have a terrific opportunity to take a 2-game lead going into Tuesday's game back in St. Paul.  I thought the Wild played smarter and thus were in control for most of that game.  Can they do it again?  Enjoy and discuss!  

Bad bounce to the Blues player on their goal.  They have a bit more energy in this game.  Wild need to show up with the same effort as last two.  They are OK going home at 2-2, but would certainly prefer 3-1 with chance to close out.  But, they are going to have to E A R N it again.

Looks like people are still out with their moms. I was supposed to work, but I’ve come down with a nasty sinus infection combined with laryngitis. Good times. The crazy part is I’ve felt exactly like I did when I had Covid. 

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Was it though?  Or was it more poor rebound control by Flower?  Hmm..

Binnington showing he just isn't close to being the Cup winning goaltender he was.  Lazy, hanging glove hand was no where close to challenge Kaprizov's goal.

WTF are you talking about?  My comment was about the puck that carried off Zucc to the Blues player (Goal #1).  When did Fleury bruise your Mangina?  No one said he will carry the team, but you are suspiciously absent until you feel you can take a shot at Fleury.  He has done well, but is not carrying the Wild.  Why don't you worry about your Flyers (see below):

1995888159_Burnedouthusk.jpg.5c81f7bd1a29ce394652cccb2b19ff6d.jpg

Not as good 2 periods for us, but it was expected their jump. I was listening this game  on a radio. And I was hoping that Bennington will be helpful for us this game , but he is not so far. And we are not as active as we should. Plus we lost a nice opportunity to score when played 5 on 3 and 5 on 4. In 2 periods we placed only about 11 shots.

Edited by Alexandron

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Calm down and take your meds...  🙄

Yes.  The Kyrou goal that first hits Fleury in the chest, isn't controlled, and THEN goes out and bounces off Zuccarello.  Was very easy to see.  Maybe you should look at it again.

Didn't say anyone said he'd carry the team.  Didn't say he hasn't done well.  But, whether you care to admit it or not, his rebound control has been questionable.

And, aside from that, he was out of position again, swimming like a fish on his stomach outside of his net on the Perron goal.

He was a big part of their wins in Game 2 and 3.  But, he has shown his well known flaws in this game.  If that makes you angry to read, that's your problem, not mine.  Reality hurts from time to time.

Binnington has rebounded well after the poor goal against.

The point is simple.  You only appear to bag on Fleury.  You don't say much otherwise, and have a dumpster fire to worry about in PA.  Instead of being a Board Troll, why not add something else of substance from time-to-time instead of being the Karen who wants to continue to bring up a singular point that seems to swell your manhood - Fleury gives up rebounds.  So do many other goalies.  Big Deal.  He has been very helpful in ending the Wilds O Fer streak against the Blues.  You are never around to acknowledge that, only to whine about rebound control, which makes you a Troll that follows a burned out husk of a hockey team that has a rejected GM and (now X) coach of the Wild and feels the need to come on the Wild board to whine about Fleury.  Find a hobby....

I thought pulling Fleury at 2:00 was a mistake given how we were already dominating the O-Zone. At least get it in there again and set up.
That 1 turnover and it spoiled what could've been a great last 2 mins even if it was 5 on 5.
I also thought we got a bit frustrated and threw the bodies around needlessly after the Blues 2nd goal resulting in the quick 3rd.

• Like 2

I know in the past we have ripped on different goalies for their rebound control, but those goalies also had the additional bad habit of allowing soft goals. 
Not sure if Talbot would have made much of a difference in this series. 
game 4 was actually a pretty good game. The 4 minute double minor really killed the first period and the stupid cross check, that often isn’t called, killed any chance of late heroics. 

22 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I thought pulling Fleury at 2:00 was a mistake given how we were already dominating the O-Zone. At least get it in there again and set up.
That 1 turnover and it spoiled what could've been a great last 2 mins even if it was 5 on 5.
I also thought we got a bit frustrated and threw the bodies around needlessly after the Blues 2nd goal resulting in the quick 3rd.

I was thinking same way. We dominated during a 3rd period and even by playing 5 on 5 we had a good chance to tie the score. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

With the lack of production from the 4th line is it time to remove Duhaime in favor of Bugstad?

Duhaime has been all but invisible lately. 

Unfortunately, not only  4th line but 3rd line too is not very productive during these series. I wish to see plenty of goals from Fiala-Gaudreau-Boldy line. Not sure if Bjugstad will be more productive than Duhaime. Rossi would be a nice addition to the 4th line, but he was not tested enough here during a regular season. And now he does not have a chance to be used during playoffs because he was injured at the end of AHL season.

• Like 1

Right now I think pretty much anyone on the club brings more than Duhaime. 
If Bugstad can replace an injured 2nd or 3rd liner he can surely replace an unproductive 4th liner. 

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Right now I think pretty much anyone on the club brings more than Duhaime. 
If Bugstad can replace an injured 2nd or 3rd liner he can surely replace an unproductive 4th liner. 

I agree. Bjugstad can replace him, but I still think that coaching staff is keeping Duhaime as a more physical power to this team.