Samuelsson or Jones? Really?

Guest yave1964

Under the heading of is that all there is, the Wings are looking at David Jones of the Avalanche and Samuelsson of the Panthers. Ken Holland is trying to make sure the chemistry isnt hurt, Samuelsson was very solid if streaky here for years, left for the Nucks and if he hadnt been injured they likely would have beaten the Bruins last year. He would be a second or third line winger, solid in both ends can play the point on a power play and is another Swede to go with the thirty already on the roster.

Jones can score and is a big boy, solid in both ends, 2nd or third line wing who too often has been bumped up to the first line by the Avalanche over the last couple of years. He is younger and less injury prone. Between the two of them I would want Jones first, both are scorers who are defensively responsible and although Samuelsson has played here before I think Jones has more in the tank. That said, Derek roy is the forward who I would love to see in a Wings uniform, followed by Vanek. One way or another, I will be glued to the TV tommorow afternoon.....

LOL, yeah that's the most obvious choice. Can the Wings absorb his cap hit without doing anything else?

This is what is frustrating about the Wings, great record, bit of smoke and mirrors, lots of shootout success which of course doesnt translate into post season. The Wings are so far under the cap they could add two or even three more players and seem content to talk about mediocre talents like Jones, Samuelsson and Gaustad, when a top six forward is desperately called for. I believe in Ken Holland but I am not sure what he is thinking if all he does is add a complimentary role player with all the cap space available.

Havent heard his name mentioned but sure he would fit in nicely. Problem with Langkow is he was a Lanche back when we hated the lanche, lol.

I hear you but he would fit perfectly for the Red Wings. Not sure what they would have to give up to get him though. Phoenix obviously aren't sellers at this point.

Samuelsson would work. It rings in true with what Holland has done this past year in bringing back former players. When with Detroit, Sami was a hot and cold player. He'd have streaks of incredible play and then nothing. Worth a shot, since he knows the style

Ended up being too much of a seller's market. They can do much better in the offseason.

I'm very glad we didn't try seriously for Nash, even if we had been on his list, I think it would have been bad news. No way we could get him without disrupting to cohesion of the team.

Holland's no fool. Not always right, but more right than wrong. I think he was wise here.

Don't give away the store.