Blues

Jets

______

Wild

Predators

Stars

Hawks

Coyotes

Why only three? Why the Jets over the Wild? The Jets had career DOWN years from all of their stars save for Conner, just finding their level, doing nothing more makes them ten points better in the standing and i love the kids coming in this year. The Jets have the right coach for sorting things out, this could be a good, solid year for them.

As for the Wild, they had a dubious record last year that nobody seems to mention, they became the first team in Hockey history whose top ten scoring players ALL had career highs. That does not bode well. Like the Jets, if they find their level they see a ten point swing, in their case for the negative. I believe they were smoke and mirrors last year, a good but flawed team fighting a cap, losing Fiala, they will likely be in it all year but i believe the Jets are simply the better team.

That said, the Wild will make it if four teams make it from their division, which is possible if they feast off two of the very worst teams in the game in Chicago and Arizona. getting to play these two teams a ton of games may be enough for them to sneak in past the Kings or Canucks.

• Like 1

The Central seems to have a bunch of teams we can make cases for being in the playoff picture this year.
Can't count out the defending champions, so Colorado I will put in as a LOCK to get in.

I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off in St. Louis, but they haven't, but then again, they have a few key free agents to be: does that mean they play like demons on a contract year, or become so self absorbed about where they go, or what they will get money-wise next year that they put the 'team concept' on the back burner? Hmmmm... I will have them IN, but wouldn't be surprise if they were bumped by.......

Dallas, Nashville, Minnesota.
Two of these get in to join Colorado and St. Louis, BUT....if the Blues are bumped, then maybe all three. Why?
Goaltending.
Oettinger, Saros, and perhaps even Marc Andre Fleury....all very capable of putting a team on their backs, plus, each team's lineups, while not star studded nor filled with current elite players, STILL feature  good players that seem to play well as a group.

Out for sure:
Chicago--- Playing for a lottery pick....just look at what they did in the off season and I suspect both Kane and Toews end up with new addresses come the trade deadline.
Arizona---- Does this one REALLY need explanation? I hope pride carries many of these players, but playoffs? Too many better teams in both the Central and Pacific for them to make it on pride alone.
Winnipeg--- Unlike some people, I think this group, while talented, is disjointed, frail in confidence, and just an incident or two away from completely imploding....much to the chagrin of Connor Hellebuyck who is trying to bounce back from a mediocre year by his standards. Wouldn't be surprised if in the midst of some crazy losing streak, the Jets have a fire sale.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I will have them IN, but wouldn't be surprise if they were bumped by.......

I listed the Blues as one of those teams with a good core but difficult to gauge. At some point, they have to fade and miss the playoffs. Not signing Perron was a big mistake, he was one of the face of the franchise, someone with the bluenote tattooed on his arm. I'm not sure about their goaltending too: Husso was solid as a back-up and almost stole Binnington the starting position. I'm not that sure about Greiss. Anyway, I just want the Blues out of the playoffs because they are one of the Stars' biggest rivals and because Binnington is a tool.

Winnipeg--- Unlike some people, I think this group, while talented, is disjointed, frail in confidence, and just an incident or two away from completely imploding....much to the chagrin of Connor Hellebuyck who is trying to bounce back from a mediocre year by his standards. Wouldn't be surprised if in the midst of some crazy losing streak, the Jets have a fire sale.

I have exactly the same feeling. The locker room and whole atmosphere aroung the team doesn't seem good. Maurice stepped away because he thought he has done his maximum (= screw them, I'm outta here), Dubois wanted out, Scheifele was on the trade bait too, Wheeler was stripped off the C and Bowness is not a coach who can use his players at their full potential and maximize their strengths. They won't be in the cellar because Chicago and AZ are worse.

Dallas, Nashville, Minnesota.
Two of these get in to join Colorado and St. Louis, BUT....if the Blues are bumped, then maybe all three. Why?
Goaltending.
Oettinger, Saros, and perhaps even Marc Andre Fleury....all very capable of putting a team on their backs, plus, each team's lineups, while not star studded nor filled with current elite players, STILL feature  good players that seem to play well as a group

I have Minny a bit ahead of Nashville and Dallas. If Fleury remains competitive and Kaprizov keeps the same pace, they will be the front runner behind Colorado. Not to mention the potential of Addison, Rossi and Boldy. A solid mix. The last play-off berth will be close between the Preds and the Stars.

• Like 1