Minnesota Wild vs Pittsburgh Penguins, Thursday 11-17-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I just love pulling the goalie with 4 minutes left. 🙄

Point made right there.

Prior to this game we were 4 pts from first and 4 from last.
I predict after this homestand we'll be last in the division and 4 pts behind the next team....
Write that down !!  :P

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

The ridiculous part about pulling the goalie 2 goals down so early is we hadn't had any good puck possesion or could hold the zone all night.
1 errant pass and it's over. No late crazy push and a boring last few minutes.
Sure it worked a couple times last season and mostly only down 1 to tie, But we had guys like Foligno, Hartman and Fiala all producing on the ice instead of Dewar, Rossi and Jost.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

The ridiculous part about pulling the goalie 2 goals down so early is we hadn't had any good puck possesion or could hold the zone all night.
1 errant pass and it's over. No late crazy push and a boring last few minutes.
Sure it worked a couple times last season and mostly only down 1 to tie, But we had guys like Foligno, Hartman and Fiala all producing on the ice instead of Dewar, Rossi and Jost.

You are absolutely right. Foligno and Hartman produced well last year. This season no production but injuries for them. I really missed Fiala's production for this team. Boldy production is diminished without Fiala.

Regarding goaltending only option I see in involving Wallstedt to this team. Maybe the entire team will start to score at least 3 goals per game then in a consistent matter, including lines 3 and 4.