Minnesota Wild vs Carolina Hurricanes, Saturday 11-19-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Just now, Alexandron said:

Predicting Wild loss 0:3. I am impressed about Kochetkov stats too. In 5 NHL games 5-0-0. This year in 2 games his GAA 1.00; SV% 0.959; 1 SO. And Aho is Aho. 0:1 so far.

And he is the 3rd stringer at that...much rather have him instead of gusty .....make it happen billy boy !!

• Like 1

Our offense is just OFFENSIVE (and our D ain't much better).  I blame DE, BG, and to a lesser extent; injuries.  We should have dumped Dumba and kept Fiala.  Dean also has the WORST line combinations and decisions early this season.  If you want to drag down Boldy, put him with two fourth liners (Shaw and Dewar), and if you want to drag down Kap/Zucc, play them with 'no creativity' PUdreau.  Rossi has been misused, Jost was misused (and WAS picked up right away, contrary to one of our sages on the board), and I believe DE and BG need to take responsibility for this rotten start to the season.  Every move they made in the summer and into the year has been the wrong one.  Our chemistry sucks too, and injuries have not helped.  IF it improves, it will be as a result of some players getting tired of the losing and overall $hitty play and coaching.  Sorry, just my $.02.

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Our offense is just OFFENSIVE (and our D ain't much better).  I blame DE, BG, and to a lesser extent; injuries.  We should have dumped Dumba and kept Fiala.  Dean also has the WORST line combinations and decisions early this season.  If you want to drag down Boldy, put him with two fourth liners (Shaw and Dewar), and if you want to drag down Kap/Zucc, play them with 'no creativity' PUdreau.  Rossi has been misused, Jost was misused (and WAS picked up right away, contrary to one of our sages on the board), and I believe DE and BG need to take responsibility for this rotten start to the season.  Every move they made in the summer and into the year has been the wrong one.  Our chemistry sucks too, and injuries have not helped.  IF it improves, it will be as a result of some players getting tired of the losing and overall $hitty play and coaching.  Sorry, just my $.02.

At least they moved freddie off L1. Why not Steel? But I'd have imagined Rossi instead.

• Good Post 1

Just now, Tomdog said:

At the game tonight. 
They stink tonight. 
I blame it on the “music?”

This “stuff” would drive me crazy. 

The game I got to go to last season it was horrible. The cr4p they think energizes the crowd is bizarre.
Way too loud and I went to many 80's rock concerts. 😁 

• Like 1

Kirill against 4 defenders is a microcosm of the problems.  Where TF is the support via a professional line change?!?!?  I have started to loathe watching the Wild display the same lack of explosiveness, flailing penalties, and overall disjointed play - every line combination seems awkward.  We need to make a trade or something.  We have no REAL talent ready to come up and make an impact, as they 'bake' for too long at levels that are not challenging them, and DE is too attached to 'gritty' but low skill play.  They have two of the best young players in the game, and a capable offensive supporting cast (EEK, Zucc, Foligno, Hartman when back, and Rossi if they would put him with some talent) and DE always drones on about how unskilled we are - how is that grit working out for you, Dean?  It sure isn't providing many wins.

4 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

At least they moved freddie off L1. Why not Steel? But I'd have imagined Rossi instead.

Dean is going to lose his job if he keeps palming PUdreau's jock.  The guy is REPLACEMENT LEVEL at best.  He is NOT a TOP 6 on any capable team.  He is flushing better skill (Rossi, Jost, Pitlick, etc., etc.).  It is just like the 'man love' for our $6MM+ defenders - they simply aren't THAT good.

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Not sure about Rossi at this time. He needs to show more production, and more creativity. But to try him in the 1st line, why not. I still would prefer to see Hartman for this line when he is ready after recovering from his injury. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Dean is going to lose his job if he keeps palming PUdreau's jock.  The guy is REPLACEMENT LEVEL at best.  He is NOT a TOP 6 on any capable team.  He is flushing better skill (Rossi, Jost, Pitlick, etc., etc.).  It is just like the 'man love' for our $6MM+ defenders - they simply aren't THAT good.

I am thinking more if we will not make playoffs this season, then Dean will lose his job.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

You're 0.2c worth is easily .10c due to inflation. :P
Going back to your Dumba-Fiala comment, BG defended Dumba so much and threw Fiala under the bus with his comments on his play. There's no way he would go against his gritty fav player.
Then there's the raise Fiala would demand, Which made it almost impossible.
But now he has to admit his error and make the trade by deadline. You can't wait until the end of the season if Dumba is an UFA ...Can he??

LaPanta/Carter were talking about how 'almost' close to last season our scoring chances were...Yet they ignored the stat below of "Danger chances" which isn't even 1/2 as good as last year.

5 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Not sure about Rossi at this time. He needs to show more production, and more creativity. But to try him in the 1st line, why not. I still would prefer to see Hartman for this line when he is ready after recovering from his injury. 

That's why i thought with better support, He'd gain something from it.
This team really misses Hartman for sure.

• Like 1