Minnesota Wild vs Detroit Red Wings, Wednesday 12-14-22, 6:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Zucc botched that play, which is not typical for him.  Too much opportunity. 

Good Lord, PUDreau has a two goal game - not like he doesn't get the opportunities by Dean🙄

Zucc could've shot it around the blue line but had to go to the Go-To pass play.
This must kill you when Fred scores. 🤣

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

I really like the development from Gustavsson.  He looks like he could really be a long-term solution in net (with Wallstedt) - great pick up. 

He's seeing his opportunity to show he could be G-1 in the near future.

• Like 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Zucc could've shot it around the blue line but had to go to the Go-To pass play.
This must kill you when Fred scores. 🤣

I wouldn't care so much if Evason would quit acting like he is a top 1 or 2 Center - he is NOT.  He also gives him an overabundance of chances with an EN (or in shootout), while demoting other players (Hartman) or sending them down for a similar lack of goal scoring performances (see any IA player).  I just HATE nepotism for some, and not for others - creates another Country Club and resentment in the locker room

• Good Post 1

21 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I wouldn't care so much if Evason would quit acting like he is a top 1 or 2 Center - he is NOT.  He also gives him an overabundance of chances with an EN (or in shootout), while demoting other players (Hartman) or sending them down for a similar lack of goal scoring performances (see any IA player).  I just HATE nepotism for some, and not for others - creates another Country Club and resentment in the locker room

Some unfortunate things would have to happen before Fred gets back to L1. So I think you're safe. 

11 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

He's seeing his opportunity to show he could be G-1 in the near future.

I think he already is a number 1 goalie as of now. I think the guys in front of him trust him more than Fleury just for the fact he pretty much stays in his net and doesn’t flop around and wander from the crease like Fleury. I really think they should split starts instead of the 75/25 like it is now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

I think he already is a number 1 goalie as of now. I think the guys in front of him trust him more than Fleury just for the fact he pretty much stays in his net and doesn’t flop around and wander from the crease like Fleury. I really think they should split starts instead of the 75/25 like it is now 

Agreed.
As per Evason, It seems to revolve around Fleury when he gets starts so MAF is fresh at the end of season.
A 50-50 would be perfect and it worked last season with Talbot and MAF until they ran with Fleury and it screwed it all up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Looked to me like the head was principle point of contact....

He may have hit him in the head because his head was down. It’s not like he left his feet to go up and get his head.