Sedlak politely asks to leave....

MaineFlyFan

And in more impressive Flyers news on NHL.com:

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphia-flyers-cam-atkinson-injury-status/c-338968774

Title of article should be "Flyers medical staff ruins 3 more careers".......

My god. To write an article like that and have ZERO mention of the "how could this be??"......Ryan Ellis out for the season with a torn "I ain't suiting up for that dumpster fire" muscle.....

UGH. what a train wreck this org has become.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:15 PM, MaineFlyFan said:

My god. To write an article like that and have ZERO mention of the "how could this be??"..

well it’s on a Comcast website so there won’t be any soul-searching or investigative reporting going on there. But you’re right somebody needs to do a deep-dive on the Flyers trainers/medical staff. This pattern of guys getting hurt, usually regular hockey injuries but then never healing all the way back to 100%. It’s been the elephant in the Flyers room forever. 

Or maybe there is no pattern and it’s just we fans who follow the team closely, never realizing that every NHL team has these “unsolved” injuries. I really don’t know. I do wish someone would find out and tell us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

usually regular hockey injuries but then never healing all the way back to 100%.

It does "happen to everybody" but I think the Flyers' penchant for almost always getting a player back on the low side of their prognosis doesn't always help.

And playing guys like Richards and Simmonds with "known but can play though it" injuries resulted in a pill addiction and a shadow of a player.

And then experiences with players like Ellis that are:

Day to Day

Week to Week

He's playing

He's out again

Week to Week

Month to Month

Back for Camp Next Season

May Never Play Again

Isn't terribly encouraging either.

Lest we forget the time they were pissed off and almost killed Eric Lindros in a plane over Tennessee.

Or may have poisoned their own training staff.

But I digress.

This Is Fine GIF

• Haha 2