Minnesota Wild vs. New Jersey Devils 2/11/23 @ 7:00PM CST at the "X"

CreaseAndAssist

Minnesota Wild (27-20-4)  58pts  4th in the Central

2.96 Goals For Per Game (22nd in the NHL)

2.90 Goals Against Per Game (12th in the NHL)

24.1% Power Play (8th in the NHL)

80% Penalty Kill (14th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 29G 33A = 62pts

2. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 19G 31A = 50pts

3. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 19G 24A = 43pts

4. #12 Matt Boldy ~ 16G 21A = 37pts

5. #2 Calen Addison ~ 3G 22A = 25pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #5 Jake Middleton ~ 61 PIM's

2. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 54 PIM's

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 53 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (16-12-3)  2.98GAA  .902%  1SO

2. #32 Filip Gustavsson (11-8-1)  2.27GAA  .923%  1SO

Vs.

New Jersey Devils (34-13-4)  72pts  2nd in the Metropolitan

3.49 Goals For Per Game (5th in the NHL)

2.65 Goals Against Per Game (7th in the NHL)

21.6% Power Play (18th in the NHL)

81.4% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #63 Jesper Bratt ~ 20G 32A = 52pts

2. #7 Dougie Hamilton ~ 15G 36A = 51pts

3. #13 Nico Hischier ~ 21G 26A = 47pts

4. #91 Dawson Mercer ~ 11G 18A = 29pts

5. #90 Tomas Tatar ~ 10G 18A = 28pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #44 Miles Wood ~ 49 PIM's

2. #7 Dougie Hamilton ~ 38 PIM's

3. #56 Erik Haula ~ 37 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #41 Vitek Vanecek (22-5-2)  2.34GAA  .916%  2SO

2. #29 MacKenzie Blackwood (7-4-2)  3.05GAA  .900%  

Lines:

New Jersey Devils

Palat~Hischier~Bratt

Sharangovich~Haula~Zetterlund

Tatar~Mercer~Holtz

Wood~M. McLeod~Bastian

Siegenthaler~Hamilton

Graves~Severson

Bahl~Marino

Vanecek

Blackwood

Minnesota Wild

Kaprizov~Hartman~Zuccarello

Boldy~Steel~F. Gaudreau

Greenway~Eriksson Ek~M. Foligno

Duhaime~Dewar~Reaves

Middleton~Spurgeon

Goligoski~Dumba

Merrill~Addison

Fleury

Gustavsson

Evason recently admitted he feels this team is 'different' from last season.  Anyone think he might be in trouble?  This is going to be a really tough game.  

Lines for tonight from Jessie Pierce:

Duhaime~Eriksson Ek~Boldy

Greenway~F. Gaudreau~M. Foligno

Dewar~Steel~Shaw

Middleton~Spurgeon

Brodin~Dumba

Merrill~Addison

Gustavsson

Intrigued to see how the 2nd line works.  Duhaime has been one of the better effort players the last few games.  Brodin being back should help because it will probably mean less minutes for Merrill who has been mostly dogschitt the last few games.  

Just now, CreaseAndAssist said:

Lines for tonight from Jessie Pierce:

Duhaime~Eriksson Ek~Boldy

Greenway~F. Gaudreau~M. Foligno

Dewar~Steel~Shaw

Middleton~Spurgeon

Brodin~Dumba

Merrill~Addison

Gustavsson

Intrigued to see how the 2nd line works.  Duhaime has been one of the better effort players the last few games.  Brodin being back should help because it will probably mean less minutes for Merrill who has been mostly dogschitt the last few games.  

Yea I saw they practiced today too, with the scoreboard still showing 5-1 from Thursday night's embarrassment.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Evason recently admitted he feels this team is 'different' from last season.  Anyone think he might be in trouble?  This is going to be a really tough game.  

In my opinion, he should be in trouble. Personally, I lean towards having a coach with experience, which is why Jacques Lemaire was my favorite. As far as Dean goes I think a lot of fans like him and it probably wouldn't be a popular move to replace him, at least not with the average, conformist fan. I personally think we should get rid of him and hire a coach with experience, such as Barry Trotz, but again, he would have to be willing to come here. In the end, I just want a coach who won't rely solely on veterans to fix problems and who isn't afraid to bench a veteran who isn't performing. I'm not saying Evason doesn't do that, but it seems like it's mainly Ryan Hartman who draws his attention over the other veterans. Performance should be a key factor, regardless of one's status as a top player on the team. If a player such as Kaprizov is making mistakes, such as bad passes or other sloppy plays, then he should be either benched or moved down until improvement is shown.

Edited by bbgarnett

Fans like Dean because he swears at the refs. I don’t think he’s a particularly great coach. Wild had one of the highest point totals ever last season, they trade for a HOF goalie right before the playoffs, yet fold like a house of cards in the first round. I don’t know what the answer is, but if Dean doesn’t get of figured out soon, he certainly should be on the hot seat…

12 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Fans like Dean because he swears at the refs. I don’t think he’s a particularly great coach. Wild had one of the highest point totals ever last season, they trade for a HOF goalie right before the playoffs, yet fold like a house of cards in the first round. I don’t know what the answer is, but if Dean doesn’t get of figured out soon, he certainly should be on the hot seat…

Evason has a decent to good winning % here so I'll give him that.
I think BG won't get rid of him because he likes Dean as his puppet. You can't tell me Evason made the decision to play Fleury down the stretch and the PO's. That was all BG to validate his getting Fleury.
We'll see how it goes down this stretch.

Walz sitting there comparing Talbot's injury and Gus success as if there comparable stats. Also he was acting like Guerin was a genius for trading Talbot because he's been injured with Ott, like no one can predict an injury so Guerin didn't trade Talbot with some knowledge that he'd be injured with OTT. 

Edited by bbgarnett

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

Walz sitting there comparing Talbot's injury and Gus success saying as if there comparable stats. Also he was acting like Guerin was a genius for trading Talbot because he's been injured with Ott, like no one can predict an injury so Guerin didn't trade Talbot with some knowledge that he'd be injured with OTT. 

I hate it when broadcasters do that. Comparing apples to coconuts…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Hello all. 

I’m on a new schedule, 4am-1pm, so I’ll pretty much miss any game not played on a Saturday or Sunday. And West Coast games regardless of the day are probably out of the question. 

I appreciate these game day posts. Do some more in invisible ink! That was cool! 😎 

• Good Post 1