RUMOR: Chychrun to the Kings a done deal

yave1964

I am not a big believer in what Kypreos says, ever since he reported that Suter had chosen the Red Wings only to see him sign with the Wild literally about an hour later, lol. But old Nick reported this and others are piling on now as well, so here is the hot rumor that it sounds like will become a reality today

To the Kings

Jacob Chychrun

Lukas Vejdemo

To th Coyotes

Cal Peterson

Brandt Clarke

2023 first

2024 second

The Kings get the most coveted defender, partially because he is a damn solid two way player, mostly because he is signed for three years at a very team friendly contract. Vejdemo immediately stabilizes the net which is something they desperately needed. The Kings are at this point a serious contender coming ouf of the West.

Arizona gets one hell of a strong prospect in Clarke, he is a brilliant blueline prospect who will stick next year and will have a top pair ten year career. Peterson is signed long term, he has lost his game with the Kings but may find it again. This gives them six picks in the first three rounds of a very deep draft.

• Like 1

If true, the Coyotes will be getting some nice building blocks.
Problem is, feels like ALL THEY DO is collect building blocks....errrm, without actually ever building anything....

Anyways, if I am a Kings fan, I am very happy with this.
If LA is smart with contracts moving forward, they could look back on this trade as the day they got that 'number one defenseman' that put them over the top en route to a Cup win.

• Like 2

What did Brandt Clarke ever do to the Kings? Poor bastard....you work all your life trying to make it to the NHL, become the best defenceman in the OHL, get drafted 8th overall, make the NHL as a 19 year old defenceman, win gold at the World Juniors, and then get sent to hockey purgatory, where nobody cares about the greatest sport?

But I can't find anything about this actually happening.

30 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What did Brandt Clarke ever do to the Kings? Poor bastard....you work all your life trying to make it to the NHL, become the best defenceman in the OHL, get drafted 8th overall, make the NHL as a 19 year old defenceman, win gold at the World Juniors, and then get sent to hockey purgatory, where nobody cares about the greatest sport?

But I can't find anything about this actually happening.

Pretty sure it's been nixed because LA does not want to give up Clarke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Pretty sure it's been nixed because LA does not want to give up Clarke.

Kypreos reported it as a done deal, nobody is wrong more than he is, lol. I even prefeaced it by saying that, but nonetheless i drank the koolaid.

Different things written/spoken state Clarke/Byfield are off the table, that the 'Yotes did not want Peterson and his bloated contract back without at least one of those two as partial return. 

• Like 2