Quick and Bluejackets end long tenure, he is dealt to the Knights

I wonder when he goes in the Hall of Game if Jonathan Quick will have his bust in a Bluejackets sweater or the Kings.....

Quick was dealt to a contender in need of goaltending, the Vegas Knights.Logan Thomson has been out a month with rumors swirling about how much longer, Adin Hill has been good. Then bad. Then very good and then very bad. And Laurent Broisoit came back, played two games and is now injured again which is kind of his thing. Vegas hopes that Quick gives a calming veteran presence behind Hill. 

What could be fun? there is a very real possibility that the Knights and Kings will face each other in the postseason. The two teams do meet on April 6th in Vegas for the first time since the Kings dealt him. 

• Like 1

Michael Hutchinson is the return, he will now compete with recently acquired Jon Gillies to back up Merzlikens the rest of the way. Both Hutch and Gillies are rumored to have appeared in the NHL at one time or another.

14 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Michael Hutchinson is the return, he will now compete with recently acquired Jon Gillies to back up Merzlikens the rest of the way. Both Hutch and Gillies are rumored to have appeared in the NHL at one time or another.

What about Tarasov? I heard he might be on the organization good papers and maybe eligible to have a bigger role in the future...

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Sounds like the Blue Jackets and Knights are following @ruxpin theory of trades ....

Ship em out before they even have a chance to unpack their bags .... LOL

If it were me, he'd be injured at John Glenn airport.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Math said:

What about Tarasov? I heard he might be on the organization good papers and maybe eligible to have a bigger role in the future...

He struggled a bit when he was up with the big club .... and last year in the AHL is struggled .... Tarasov’s 2021-22 AHL numbers weren’t spectacular (3.06 GAA, 0.893 SV%). Tarasov also underwent hip surgery in early January 2022 so he is only 12 mionths removed the surgery.

I would say next year he should challenge for more starts .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Math said:

Future in net, lots of health issues but a solid B prospect. Not as good as dostal or wallstedt or  askorov, I would rate him with guys like Wolf in Calgary or  Devon Levi in buffalo. 

• Like 1

Vegas had to do something in net can't have 3 rookie goalies leading the charge into playoffs so I like this alot for Las Vegas it's the minimum they had to do if they wanted to be taken seriously about going for the Cup...

• Like 1