Round 1, Game 2: Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Wednesday 4-19-23, 8:30pm, American Airlines Center

MNSOTA

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

All in all, given how things started, I'll take the 2-1 deficit.

One could have argued the Wild were just out of it, had they gone to the dressing room down 2-0.
Now, they are very much in it, still playing like they want to separate Dallas heads from bodies, and know they are just a shot away from an even score once again.

MAF, of course, needs to make stops.
His team can help him do that by not blatantly turning the puck over and/or doing stupid things to put the Wild shorthanded.

We still got a game, boys!

IF MAF lets in more than another goal, I do NOT expect to see him again unless Gus gets injured.  We can pick up a couple if we get some energy back and get some shots.

• Like 1

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

IF MAF lets in more than another goal, I do NOT expect to see him again unless Gus gets injured.  We can pick up a couple if we get some energy back and get some shots.

We'll see if he gets himself together and plays like SC Fleury....I'd still LOVE a 2-0 series lead heading home, but yea, I want to see Gus in Game 3 for sure, and if he runs the table again, just have him in for Game 4 too.

24 year old goalies with the coolness of a grizzled veteran aren't very common...Wild should feel fortunate they have one in Gustavssson.

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Some rumblings with T-storms here in the Twin Cities....I wanna see some rumblings by the Wild in Dallas!

I was driving in that along with heavy hail.

I see what I thought might happen ...Is. 😏

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wild to the PP.....it is something at least.

If the Wild don't come back to win this, Evason is gonna have to answer LOTS of questions regarding the change in goal. 
Guaranteed.

I still think it was to feed him to the wolves knowing the Stars were going to come out big. Usually happens that way.
The bigger question would be on Evason if Gus didn't start gm 3.

• Like 1