✨🥅 2023-24 NHL GENERAL SEASON THREAD 🥅 ✨

TropicalFruitGirl26

Second period now, and not only do the Kings have a 2-0 lead now, but they just continue to outhustle the Leafs in all zones.

Toronto put a bit of a push together as I finish this post, but Cam Talbot (yes, THAT Cam Talbot! :bigteeth: ) has held his ground in preserving the LA 2-0 lead.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Second period now, and not only do the Kings have a 2-0 lead now, but they just continue to outhustle the Leafs in all zones.

Toronto put a bit of a push together as I finish this post, but Cam Talbot (yes, THAT Cam Talbot! :bigteeth: ) has held his ground in preserving the LA 2-0 lead.

I always thought it was kind of crappy what BG did to Talbot. “Yeah, you got us to the Playoffs, but I don’t think your good enough to get us through the Playoffs…”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I always thought it was kind of crappy what BG did to Talbot. “Yeah, you got us to the Playoffs, but I don’t think your good enough to get us through the Playoffs…”

Well, regardless of how that actually went down, Talbot was not a solution for the Wild anyways.
Heck, he wasn't even one for the Senators as they let him on through.

Minnesota needed a stop gap veteran goalie to get the Wild through the tough cap years and while younger talent simmered, he chose MAF, and while that in itself may not have been the best decision either, at LEAST he got Gustavsson for Talbot and the combo of Gus and MAF are about as good as the Wild could hope for during this time.

Likely neither of those is around (for sure MAF) when the Wild become true Cup contenders, but give me those two for now over the up n down play of Cam Talbot.

In watching him over the years since he entered the league, I always felt Talbot is a fantastic backup, but not a true NHL starter.
And IMO, much of his success as an NHL goalie stems from what kind of defensive team he has in front of him.
Great that he is doing well with LA.
LA is a good enough defensive team, while still being dynamic on offense, so he should be doing well there.

But will even LA count on him during the playoffs? Or will they go with Copley or someone else? 
Hmmm...we will see.

End of two, and the rabid Toronto crowed letting the Leafs have it!

3-0 after two, and LA even finished the closing minutes of the period on the Toronto side of the ice.
Toronto, of course, has the ability to absolutely explode on offense, so 3-0 is far from safe, plus, with Talbot in net for LA, well, Toronto just isn't out of it, let's just say that.... :bigteeth: 

But still, LOVE seeing the Leafs being dressed down at home!

Watching Flyers at Sabres...Philadelphia takes an early 2-0 lead, seemingly beating Buffalo to loose pucks and generally playing with more urgency.
Will that stand?
The Fly are playing without Carter Hart, and, surprise, surprise, Sean Couturier, who was placed on LTIR once again.
Listed DTD is Coots, but listening to the Philadelphia broadcast, they mentioned LTIR.
Not good for the player, not good for the team.

And speaking of injuries...the Rangers.
They, they Carolina Hurricanes and the NJ Devils are all making plays for the top spot in the Metro.
But now, the Rangers will have to do it without Filip Chytil, IMO, an underrated top 9, do-a-bit-of-everything kind of guy, and their biggest blow, no Adam Fox on the blue line.

Reported length of time missed for those two?
Chytil is listed as week to week..... Fox on LTIR.
This will certainly test the depth of the Rangers.

I used to be on Facebook a heck of a lot more in the past than I am nowadays, but, I got this "memories to look back on" when I checked in today and thought I would share here for no other reason than...just because! 

It was dated today, Nov 7th ....BUT, way back in the dawn of time of 2013.
The posting, was in fact, made on FB just a week before I discovered and joined this site!

Here is the photo I had posted back then, along with the actual post.
Have a chuckle at pre-Hf.net TFG stuff.
Ohhhh, what a difference 10 years makes! :bigteeth:

HOCKEYUPDATE.jpg.18d70f5523a32b92d0755eb4343f30c8.jpg

Hockey Update Time:

Minnesota Wild travel to the East Coast for a short two game road trip with stops in Washington DC and Raleigh, NC.

Wild seemingly have things going in the right direction as they have solved the problem of the ineffective power play and are still able to keep pucks out their own nets with the great goaltending Josh Harding has been giving the team.

Throughout the roster, maturity can be seen from the young stars the Wild had made their debuts last season...and this can only be a good thing for this team.

They made the playoffs last year with some vets and brand new players, this year, they've still got vets, and those rookie players are now much better...especially Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle, and newcomer Justin Fontaine.

Minnesota still has some issues on the penalty kill (thought they did well against Calgary and New Jersey the last two games), but it's something that can be improved upon as the year goes on.

They face a Capitals team tonight that can really put out the offense, so should be a good test for them tonight there.

As for the Lightning, very impressive start for this team at 10-4, and I am looking for them to be able to handle an Edmonton Oiler team, at home in downtown Tampa, who have had problems up and down the lineup with team consistency...despite having some of the best young players in hockey.

Edmonton lacks a bit of team toughness, the Lightning have large bodied tough players....Bolts should take it to them, and take it them hard.

The Oilers feature a bunch of guys the Lightning can't take too lightly though....Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall, and Nail Yakupov, just to name a few...

But if Tampa Bay wants to get back to the playoff team they were not so long ago, then they need to beat teams that are struggling such as Edmonton.

Bolts face a pretty brutal road trip to the North East after this game, getting some points any way they can should happen.

Steve Stamkos leads the way, followed by Marty St. Louis, and some of Tampa's younger stars such as Alex Killorn, Radko Gudas, Richard Panik, and goalie Ben Bishop have been playing very well also.

If this team doesn't let up simply because they are playing an Oiler team that is having some team issues, then the Bolts should skate away with the win tonight before seeing Detroit, Boston, and Montreal on the upcoming road trip.

Go Wild, Go Bolts!

On 11/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

The Connor Bedard show comes to Tampa, FL....

Scoring twice last night in a road victory over a recent powerhouse, ChiTown promoters are now calling it the Connor Bedard Experience..

We just don’t acknowledge enough, how warm-spirited NHL fans are.  

I’m enjoying the 3-0 road lead the Caps have after two periods tonight…especially given the good sportsmanship exhibited by the surely disappointed Devils crowd.

It warms the cockles of one’s heart ❤️, it does…

IMG_1712.png.7045e0f73297c33b93e965f2af20257d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Scoring twice last night in a road victory over a recent powerhouse, ChiTown promoters are now calling it the Connor Bedard Experience..

Crazy thing is, I posted that "Bedard Show" thing BEFORE the game...had no clue he was reading our site and decided to take me up on it! 😄

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

had no clue he was reading our site and decided to take me up on it! 😄

Never under-estimate our collective influence on the NHL Zeitgeist (say wha bruh-meister?!)

I miss cool 😎 line names.  When’s the last time?  I was calling Nicklas Backstrom’s the Slow Line (Slow Lane?) but now he’s LTIR and maybe never to play again for Caps or anyone else other than the Swedish Senior Squad.

So…’The Jimi Hendrix Experience’ was his band’s name.  We can call our Blackhawk phenom’s line ‘The Connor Bedard Experience’.  Who’s with me?

On 11/10/2023 at 8:47 PM, SaucyJack said:

We just don’t acknowledge enough, how warm-spirited NHL fans are.  

I’m enjoying the 3-0 road lead the Caps have after two periods tonight…especially given the good sportsmanship exhibited by the surely disappointed Devils crowd.

It warms the cockles of one’s heart ❤️, it does…

IMG_1712.png.7045e0f73297c33b93e965f2af20257d.png

I love the passion of fans, using the middle finger happens every nhl game, almost a rite of passage.