Wild vs Oilers, Friday 12/08/23; 8:00 PM CT; Rogers Place Arena

Alexandron

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I sense optimism by you. 😮 
😁
Take out the penalties and we had a decent chance.

How to take them out? Who is responsible for teaching that part of the hockey? Can I see one Wild game without any penalties from them? And I'd like to see our result without it.

3 more games for Marc-Andre Fleury to reach 1000 NHL games and 4 more wins to pass 2nd best goalie in NHL history Patrick Roy. Interesting fact, that they both have very similar GAA. 2.54 for Roy and 2.59 for Fleury, but Fleury already passed Roy in SO. 73 vs 66 respectively.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Your Google chrome is much smarter than mine.😁

I don't think there's different versions 😁
Maybe you should look into getting a VPN. 
I think mnsota and TFG use them..
I listen to 'Tech-Talk' on WCCO on Saturday aftenoon and he says the overseas ones like from Sweden or Finland are good.
I just know it has to be out of North America VPN to work for sites like NHL sixty-six.

Weird part about '66 is it will work fine for a while, Then I get those error messages (Like the pic I posted)
But if I click on a different game, That will come in fine.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alexandron said:

How to take them out? Who is responsible for teaching that part of the hockey? Can I see one Wild game without any penalties from them? And I'd like to see our result without it.

I was meaning in this game, Besides the penalties giving a strong PP by the Oilers, We had a good chance to win.
That comes from each player to not do those stupid 'Grab the stick' or retaliate to a hit. Things like that.
There's good penalties to take but we shoot ourselves in the foot with the needless ones way too often.
Some of our best games happen when we're disciplined and then allso when the Ref's let them play without becoming a part of the game by 'controlling' everything.

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Good Post 1

NHL 66 has been our go to for a few years.  They keep blacking out games on the other platforms; and since I'm still paying for them I don't feel bad about going somewhere else to see the games.  Bally (Sinclair) has been an unmitigated disaster for the NHL.  

Better effort last night.  Although Kaprizov is back to staying on the perimeter which eliminates most of his effectiveness.  I can't imagine Hynes (hell even Dean) wanted that.  He simply plays that way because it keeps him out of the contact; but it hurts the team immensely when he does.  

• Good Post 1

4 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I don't think there's different versions 😁
Maybe you should look into getting a VPN. 
I think mnsota and TFG use them..
I listen to 'Tech-Talk' on WCCO on Saturday aftenoon and he says the overseas ones like from Sweden or Finland are good.
I just know it has to be out of North America VPN to work for sites like NHL sixty-six.

Weird part about '66 is it will work fine for a while, Then I get those error messages (Like the pic I posted)
But if I click on a different game, That will come in fine.

ClusterChuck. What is your internet provider now? You mentioned that you don't have Century Link.

Edited by Alexandron

16 hours ago, Alexandron said:

3 more games for Marc-Andre Fleury to reach 1000 NHL games and 4 more wins to pass 2nd best goalie in NHL history Patrick Roy. Interesting fact, that they both have very similar GAA. 2.54 for Roy and 2.59 for Fleury, but Fleury already passed Roy in SO. 73 vs 66 respectively.

Too bad it won't be the game where he passes Roy and plays in his 1000.
Ok, I did some  research and actually that Tech-Talk show today was talking about VPN's.
Highly suggest Proton VPN, and Hotwire and Bravado were mentioned. Proton is completely free unlike many that have free trials.
Then Bit-Defender for anti virus which is also free was suggested.
Just some info for you. :)

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

NHL 66 has been our go to for a few years.  They keep blacking out games on the other platforms; and since I'm still paying for them I don't feel bad about going somewhere else to see the games.  Bally (Sinclair) has been an unmitigated disaster for the NHL.  

Better effort last night.  Although Kaprizov is back to staying on the perimeter which eliminates most of his effectiveness.  I can't imagine Hynes (hell even Dean) wanted that.  He simply plays that way because it keeps him out of the contact; but it hurts the team immensely when he does.  

Do you ever get that message I posted earlier (pic) in this thread with NHL 66?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Too bad it won't be the game where he passes Roy and plays in his 1000.
Ok, I did some  research and actually that Tech-Talk show today was talking about VPN's.
Highly suggest Proton VPN, and Hotwire and Bravado were mentioned. Proton is completely free unlike many that have free trials.
Then Bit-Defender for anti virus which is also free was suggested.
Just some info for you. :)

Do you ever get that message I posted earlier (pic) in this thread with NHL 66?

What is that mean? Too bad it wouldn't be the game....

9 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

ClusterChuck. What is your internet provider now? You mentioned that you don't have Century Link.j

Verizon. I finally had it with CenturyLink's horrible speeds. I live in an older established neighborhood and would be last on the list for any upgrades.
Also that was the time I had to get a real phone and decided to bundle it all. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Interesting to know what is a Brodin's status? Is he capable to play tomorrow? Brodin is our best defenseman. Kraken lost already 6 games in a row. Can we extend their losing streak to 7 games tomorrow?

According to Russo on the Athletic, Brodin will miss a significant amount of time with an upper body injury. Potentially 10 games and 24 days…

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Alexandron said:

What is that mean? Too bad it wouldn't be the game....

I understood. It is always hard to predict in professional hockey chances in winning especially for goalies. Ideally, if Fleury will reach 1000 NHL games mark( he needs to play 3 more games) and will be able to win those 3 games. Then Fleury will equalize his wins with Patrick Roy's wins and he will be a second goalie in NHL history, because Roy reached that mark(551 wins) in 1029 games of his career. Hope ,that will happen before the New Year which is my little dream for this year.