Wild vs Canucks; Saturday 12/16/23; 1:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

ClusterChuck

I'm wondering if Zach Bogosian got into the ear of Coach John Hynes in regards to getting pucks quickly back into the offensive zone after the other team clears.

Reason I say that is, the Wild, in some ways look like the TB Lightning in that the Bolts would either carry or dump the puck back in as quick as possible forcing the other team to either play extended defense, or tire out players on the ice forcing sooner line changes before they could attack again.

Bogosian certainly learned to adapt to play that way in TB, and if he helped bring that mentality to Minnesota, that could only be a good thing.
Of course, the Wild players STILL have to actually capitalize on any offensive zone time....but still...nice to see the Wild try to turn around defense back into quick offense rather than skate back and try to slowly re-enter the zone.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm wondering if Zach Bogosian got into the ear of Coach John Hynes in regards to getting pucks quickly back into the offensive zone after the other team clears.

Reason I say that is, the Wild, in some ways look like the TB Lightning in that the Bolts would either carry or dump the puck back in as quick as possible forcing the other team to either play extended defense, or tire out players on the ice forcing sooner line changes before they could attack again.

Bogosian certainly learned to adapt to play that way in TB, and if he helped bring that mentality to Minnesota, that could only be a good thing.
Of course, the Wild players STILL have to actually capitalize on any offensive zone time....but still...nice to see the Wild try to turn around defense back into quick offense rather than skate back and try to slowly re-enter the zone.

I don't think that was Bogo, I think that came from Hinz

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

I don't think that was Bogo, I think that came from Hinz

Either way, nice to see from the Wild.

Watching a few sequences, I immediately recognized that style of play and had to double check whether I was watching a Minnesota game, or a Tampa Bay game! :)

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26