Minnesota Wild at Dallas Stars 1/10/24 6:30 pm central TNT coverage

Tomdog

18 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, at least try to have a good shift.
You can always catch highlights (or lowlights, depending) on Youtube later on.

Thank you. It was a good shift.

I watched an extended highlights of that game on YouTube. My overall impression - our team is not ready yet for the playoffs spot. I am glad Wallstedt has got a valuable experience in his 1st NHL debut. But I was expected for his better play than he showed yesterday. 7 goals in his net seems a lot. Our previous prospects Khudobin, Kuemper, Kahkonen were better in their debuts in the Wild uniform.

I am still impressed about Faber's motivation to play well for Wild club. Definitely he has a talent to play a professional hockey.

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

On the plus side, We for sure won't see Dallas again this season. :P 

Sincerely, it is sad for me that we won't see Stars this season. As more we will play against this highly experienced team as more we will get a better level of team's experience. Their results against us this season are very impressing. Scores 8:3; 4:0; 7:2 including 4 SHG( total their 19 goals vs ours 5 goals) in 3 games are outstanding.

29 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I am still impressed about Faber's motivation to play well for Wild club. Definitely he has a talent to play a professional hockey.

He was almost the only one to show some grit and emotion, and that he was truly pissed as long as the game was going. I guess when your dream was to be a professional player playing for the Wild as a 8-year boy, it helps to be motivated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I am glad Wallstedt has got a valuable experience in his 1st NHL debut. But I was expected for his better play than he showed yesterday. 7 goals in his net seems a lot. Our previous prospects Khudobin, Kuemper, Kahkonen were better in their debuts in the Wild uniform.

Wasn't the best scenario for Wallstedt's debut but Fleury had to have a night off. He faced a team at the top of their game and Wallstedt seemed a little bit rattled after the quick 2 goals in the 3rd (# 4+5)
But then after #6 I felt Dallas was running up the score for fun as DeBoer was seen with a big grin. Classless IMO.
The KKK's I highly doubt they had the same scenario of facing a top team while a handfull of your own team's players were out. Especially your top 2 D.

The only way to gain any respect from Dallas is to beat them in the PO's decisively like 4 gms to 2 at this point and unless we turn this around, The chance won't be until next season.

• Good Post 1

18 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Sincerely, it is sad for me that we won't see Stars this season. As more we will play against this highly experienced team as more we will get a better level of team's experience. Their results against us this season are very impressing. Scores 8:3; 4:0; 7:2 including 4 SHG( total their 19 goals vs ours 5 goals) in 3 games are outstanding.

Do know the reason why the Stars left Minnesota?  I'm curious! I thought they had descent support. 

18 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Do know the reason why the Stars left Minnesota?  I'm curious! I thought they had descent support. 

Yes they had good support from the fans, but the owner wanted a new stadium plus a large area to incorporate a shopping mall type thing. 
It didn’t help his case when a bunch of sexual harassment claims surfaced. 
Norm Greene pretty much pissed on his fan base, to the point that the fans frequently chanted Norm sucks. 
Fan support may be the downfall of the Wild, as they will always fill at least half the arena no matter how bad they play. 

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

Yes they had good support from the fans, but the owner wanted a new stadium plus a large area to incorporate a shopping mall type thing. 
Norm Greene pretty much pissed on his fan base, to the point that the fans frequently chanted Norm sucks. 
Fan support may be the downfall of the Wild, as they will always fill at least half the arena no matter how bad they play. 

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the response. I like the rivalry between North Stars and Pens. 

I hope the Wild stay in Minnesota.  

17 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

The KKK's I highly doubt they had the same scenario of facing a top team while a handfull of your own team's players were out. Especially your top 2 D.

I had to read it twice to be sure it referred to Kuemper, Khudobin and Kähkonen, and not the white supremacist group lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Adding to that, It came at the perfect time for Bettman's plan to expand to the warm states and gave the perfect 'out' for Norm.
I went to a couple games in the final season when we were just called the Stars (on the jersey) Got one of those.
It was barely 1/2 full and they didn't care if you went down and sat in the first few rows when you had upper tickets. :P