Wild vs Coyotes; Wednesday 02/14/24; 8:30 PM CT; Mullett Arena

Alexandron

2 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

dumbs turning into a curmudgeon in his old age   Black And White Eating GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

I like how Wes tries to defend him. 😏
I don't care what the score is if you think that's when a call should be made or not. A penalty is a penalty.

According to media, in addition to the win last night , we had also 2 marks of the game: this season 1st assist for Marc-Andre Fleury ( in his career he has total 22 assists) and  the 50th point for Kirill Kaprizov. So far he has 20 goals and 30 assists; +/- +6 in 46 played games this season.

Edited by Alexandron

22 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

It doesn't help the sell factor when all the teams we're chasing lost last night pretty much. 
Agreed, Leipold wants that PO $$ even if it's 4-6 games.

I was thinking a lot yesterday and today about your message. It makes a huge sense , especially , even the Minnesota government, probably,  would not allow and/or doesn't want to see  a simple tanking for the Wild team at the State of Hockey. I am sure they have a good connections to the owner and the Hockey Director. For them, our team must to compete well till the end of the season. It seems they did not care about 1st draft pick overall not for the North Stars as well as not for the Wild team now, mainly because of those issues. And we need to accept that.   I absolutely understand the "tanking" solution in Arizona, Buffalo, Tampa , Florida, for examples, but definitely, not here. We still will have lots of fans, full arena, because hockey genes in our blood and in our mentality here. Look how many Wild fans were yesterday in Arizona. Time will show if we will get playoffs spot this season even for the only 4-7 games, because, unfortunately, we have pretty competitive teams in front of us. Just my 2c for this topic.😎

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:35 PM, Alexandron said:

I was thinking a lot yesterday and today about your message. It makes a huge sense , especially , even the Minnesota government, probably,  would not allow and/or doesn't want to see  a simple tanking for the Wild team at the State of Hockey. I am sure they have a good connections to the owner and the Hockey Director. For them, our team must to compete well till the end of the season. It seems they did not care about 1st draft pick overall not for the North Stars as well as not for the Wild team now, mainly because of those issues. And we need to accept that.   I absolutely understand the "tanking" solution in Arizona, Buffalo, Tampa , Florida, for examples, but definitely, not here. We still will have lots of fans, full arena, because hockey genes in our blood and in our mentality here. Look how many Wild fans were yesterday in Arizona. Time will show if we will get playoffs spot this season even for the only 4-7 games, because, unfortunately, we have pretty competitive teams in front of us. Just my 2c for this topic.😎

We're not going to "out-Tank" the current bottom feeders at this point. Even if we did drop most of our games, Sure we get a little better pick but that doesn't guarantee anything. 
The Wild haven't ever 'tanked' for picks so why on earth would anyone expect them to do it now??
Coughing up a point to the Sabres tonight doesn't help the cause and the schedule gets tougher now. 
Fleury 'says' he wants to stay here and it'll be a tough decision if he goes to his agent before the trade deadline as it stands being so close to the final Wild Card spot.

• Good Post 1

I was thinking the same thing. At this point the Wild won’t be able to out lose the other teams that have decided to go for the draft pick. IMO their best option is to audition their prospects, get what they can for the ones they don’t see being in their future, make the playoffs and have the other teams they play have horrible luck. 
They do have a fighting chance of winning some series if say they play Winnipeg and their goalie falls seriously ill, or the other teams entire 1st line gets injured. 
I think that’s their best shot. 

• Good Post 2