Wild vs Canucks; Monday 12/19/24; 1:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

What a crazy ass game. I’m watching this and Vegas as a player I coached for 2 summers in a AAA team is making his nhl debut, Mason Morelli. He played with my daughter and his dad coached with me. Pretty dang cool 

IMG_4390.jpeg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

We will not be able to place 4 unanswered goals in their net . They didn't allow that this season. Too good team to play against but we are getting a nice experience too. In my opinion, game is over. But I could be wrong.

HotYachtsMiamiOfficial reality tv nick paramount plus glamour GIF .......   and so you were wrong ...a good thing by the way 😜

• Like 2

2 hat tricks against the best NHL team; 10 goals for the 1st time in the Wild history; 7 goals in a 3rd period and the extremely important win in regulation. 555th win for Fleury in his career(Haynes did a great superb decision to replace Gustavsson in a 3rd period, which dramatically boosted team's mentality towards production). Definitely this game will go into the outstanding records of the Wild team history!  I can't believe what I have seen today! 17 goals in one game!!!!

I am already worry about the tomorrow game in Winnipeg against the dirtiest NHL team. Sadly Foligno and  Maroon were injured and are not able to play, but we really need a maximum protection of our key players. For example, Kaprizov twice suffered from that team and missed a lot of games last season (lower back injury by Winnipeg's Logan Stanley) and this season ( NHL insider Michael Russo said Kaprizov suffered broken ribs when he was cross-checked in the back multiple times by Winnipeg's Brenden Dillon). And that player was not penalized as well as Logan Stanley too. Gustavsson also had an injury on that game on December 30th., 2023.  I probably, would not recommend to play Mason Shaw tomorrow because of that issue.  

According to The Hockey News site that Tampa player Nikita Kucherov played with non-displaced rib fracture during a Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2021.

Kucherov was hurt on a cross-check during Game 6 of the conference final against the New York Islanders.

“He played with a flak jacket from that point on, and also had a nerve block injection the day before every game,” General Manager BriseBois said. “It makes his performance during these playoffs both before the injury and post broken rib all the more impressive.”

Maybe Kaprizov should use the flak jacket too just in case for his protection against the Jets team? That idea came right after reading The Hockey News.

Hole-EE-Kap !! 😂😎
I was able to listen in my truck at the start of the 3rd and heard all 5 goals for an amazing 8-5 lead.
I was LOLing the whole time not believing what I was hearing.
Then 8-6 and went back to work...
Crazy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hole-EE-Kap !! 😂😎
I was able to listen in my truck at the start of the 3rd and heard all 5 goals for an amazing 8-5 lead.
I was LOLing the whole time not believing what I was hearing.
Then 8-6 and went back to work...
Crazy.

10 our players had points in that game ( 4 of them (EEK, Kaprizov; Boldy; Zuccarello) had multiple points). I am glad also about Lucchini- Lettieri- Hartman line (fast and beneficial). They all have got points.

Interesting how Bedard will play tonight (who has 36 points so far for Chicago team). Our Faber has 33 points and Rossi 32 points respectively in that Calder Trophy run.

• Like 1

So the League's top team allowed 10 goals. That's interesting.

Some solid goaltending along with strong and disciplined defensive structure in this game. Fleury was the best goalie and ran away with a 6-save win and a a .750 efficiency.

Edited by Math
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

10 our players had points in that game ( 4 of them (EEK, Kaprizov; Boldy; Zuccarello) had multiple points). I am glad also about Lucchini- Lettieri- Hartman line (fast and beneficial). They all have got points.

Interesting how Bedard will play tonight (who has 36 points so far for Chicago team). Our Faber has 33 points and Rossi 32 points respectively in that Calder Trophy run.

6 pts for EEK and Kap each. Shows how important a healthy EK is to the team.
A game like today is why you play the game. We're facing the league best and normally you'd think they'd (Van) win easy but they don't just lose to the other top teams and we don't always beat the bottom feeders either.
Anything can happen in any game, Analytics or not. :P
Whoever faces the 'nucks in the PO's will have a tough time.

• Good Post 2

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

6 pts for EEK and Kap each. Shows how important a healthy EK is to the team.
A game like today is why you play the game. We're facing the league best and normally you'd think they'd (Van) win easy but they don't just lose to the other top teams and we don't always beat the bottom feeders either.
Anything can happen in any game, Analytics or not. :P
Whoever faces the 'nucks in the PO's will have a tough time.

You see how disappointed was here a Calgary Flames fan because of our win. They are also pretending on a playoffs spot and needed our easy loss against the best league team.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Math said:

So the League's top team allowed 10 goals. That's interesting.

Some solid goaltending along with strong and disciplined defensive structure in this game. Fleury was the best goalie and ran away with a 6-save win and a a .750 efficiency.

Despite all game "nuances" that was the game of the year, which I had never seen in my life. 17 goals; 3 hat tricks from 2 teams.👍 😁. Probably, it happens very rare - maybe once in a life time and we were the part of the NHL history.