Rangers are slumping

Guest NastyNate

the rangers are 2-2-1 in the month of march. i havent checked the standings today but i believe the flyers are sitting 8 points behind them. with the flyers playing well and the rangers slumping with about a month left, is it possible the flyers overtake the division lead?

if i would of asked you this question even just a week ago the answer most likely would have been "keep dreaming"...not so much anymore, however.

i'm a firm believer in whoever gets hot at the right time has the best chance to make a serious playoff run. well the flyers are playing their best hockey at the most crucial part of the season, while the rangers look tired and have been a bit flat as of late. i wouldnt be shocked if the flyers continue this climb as the rags struggle.

i do know one thing is for certain. the next month of hockey will be extremely entertaining and im looking forward to every single game left on the schedule. the intensity has already picked up immensely. the playoffs have already started for the teams on the bubble. gotta love this time of year!

Yes but the Pens are not and they are close enough to catch and pass not sure the Smurfs are>

@Bakanekimiwa

Great memories. Those steps were very scary steep too.

I think back then, the average joe could afford a ticket much easier than today. When I go to WF, what I see is allot of folks that are pretty well off (not to be prejudice), and I am one of them. But back in the day at the spectrum, there were allot of people that were the blue collar types and thats is what made that atmosphere. I have always symbolized the Flyers with a lunch pail work ethic and I think those teams from the 70's and 80's represented that. Even the teams of the late 80's / early 90's that sucked, the team was still supported as long as they gave 100% effort.

That is what has been so frustrating with the last 6/7 years when the team decides to show up for 20,40, 50 minutes a night. Less frequently this year, but still present.

It is happy hour (well, not quite, but it is Sunday and we are having a bbq on the beach shortly) where I am now, so I am rambling a bit.

@Poulin20

"While I don't want them "attacked" I do want them to know that there is an unofficial code of conduct about being a good guest. You can cheer for your team but do not show us up in our building. "

Here is Poulin20 back in the day (joking of course) :-):

post-163-0-54750000-1331443169_thumb.jpg

@NastyNate

"i know winnipegs arena is smaller compared to majority of the nhl. i believe the building only holds about 15,000, so that has to affect the acoustics of it as well."

Good point. I had to look up the spectrum seating for ice hockey. It generally was 17K. The Winnipeg arena is 15K. I also think the shape of the building has allot to do with it.

As Poulin20 and I said earlier, the fan base at the games has changed. It is a much more docile event. His citing the "fairweather" fan who just turn to their cell phone when the game is not interesting is a great summation of the times AND the passion of the some of the fans in attendance. Back in the day at the spectrum 99% of the fans were watching and in tuned with the play on the ice.

Nice reference to Prism.

Maybe Pittsburgh is the team to worry about. Boston and NYR are both swooning.

And to those that think Florida is a cake walk, they took the hottest team in the NHL to a shootout.

That looks like a picture of Buffy going, "LIGHTS OUT MOTHA SUOKHA!"

Go drink your prune juice and get back to bed.

Prism rocked, Ahh the good ol' days. My friend won Dr. J shoes from a Minute Maid contest. It might of been courtesy of Prism. MOTHA SUOKHA!

what a game tonight. bryz was awesome! its crazy how all of a sudden i have all the confidence in the world in this guy. just goes to show you what a little bit of confidence in yourself will do for your game. he seems to be enjoying himself out there.

6 points back of the rangers. as zep pointed out, huge 2 games against the devils coming up. does bryz get the start tomorrow or does he need some rest?

and giroux's shootout goal....wow....so filthy.

what a game tonight. bryz was awesome! its crazy how all of a sudden i have all the confidence in the world in this guy. just goes to show you what a little bit of confidence in yourself will do for your game. he seems to be enjoying himself out there.

6 points back of the rangers. as zep pointed out, huge 2 games against the devils coming up. does bryz get the start tomorrow or does he need some rest?

and giroux's shootout goal....wow....so filthy.

Wow he may be sought by Al Qaeda the way he's blowing up goaltenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!