Wild vs Senators; Tuesday 04/02/24 ; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

All I want to see here Vladislav Firstov  as soon as possible.  Without his tryout at the Wild  club, this 2023-2024 season would be extremely disappointed for many fans in Minnesota. His name reminds me the name of Anatolii Firsov, who was one of the most famous players of the last century and won 3 Olympic golds and 8 World Championships golds:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Firsov

1 hour ago, Confrontational said:

Senators 7-3-0, MN 5-2-3...  Other than those last 10 games - the stats are very close in this matchup (Goal For: Sen 3.19, MN 3.03) (Goals Against: Sen 3.47, MN 3.15)...

Hope we would be better on our home ice. Out of last 3 games on home ice we were able to win only 1 game. Senators were able to beat recently a pretty tough teams Oilers and Jets in regulation.

Hopefully, we will have a win tonight. Ideally, if we will win all remaining 9 games of this season to reach a possible point mark of 97 points. Another ideal plan for the remaining season to produce at least 36 goals (an average of 4 goals per game). Of course, more is better. I think it is a real plan for our team. They can do it if they will put a goal to get a win and a maximum production from every game and every line. Especially, I'd like to see a production from lines #1 and #2. Regarding production from lines #3 and #4, I am more skeptical based on my analysis of players stats this season and compared to stats of the last season.  

Wild have the most ridiculous offensive plays. Low % passing back, Sideways etc.
Look what Bogo and Shaw did...1 keeps speed while the other heads for the net. 1 nice pass... Goal

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Wild have the most ridiculous offensive plays. Low % passing back, Sideways etc.
Look what Bogo and Shaw did...1 keeps speed while the other heads for the net. 1 nice pass... Goal

That sounds like a coaching issue to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

That sounds like a coaching issue to me. 

Each year seems to get worse lately. Used to blame Darby but it's not his design from what some have said here..

12 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Each year seems to get worse lately. Used to blame Darby but it's not his design from what some have said here..

And it's amazing to me that guys like Boldy and Kaprizov haven't noticed that when they play north south and take the puck to the middle of the ice they score.

But instead they take the puck to the middle and pass to the sides for a shot at a bad angle. 

• Good Post 1

I blame anal-itics. :P (about the play mindset)
I go to take the garbage/recycle out only to find out I'm a day early (from wife) and missed Boldy's goal. 🤪

Edited by ClusterChuck

Anal-litics? Seems more like anal-likics.

How can shooting from the sides be a higher scoring percentage than shooting from the middle? 

• Like 1