Joffrey Lupul's (Well-Written) View on the NHL Lockout

DinahMoeHumm

The thing that is frustrating for us as players is this is the third time (second of my career) the players have been locked out by Gary Bettman and the owners. When I look at that, the first thing I think is that it shows a lack of respect for the fans. Secondly, it says to me that a lockout is the owners’ choice form of negotiation and that they are 100% comfortable taking a lock-them-out-and-see-how-they-react approach. Lastly, and most concerning for players and fans alike, is the fact that the owners, under the guidance of Bettman, have shown that they are willing to let an entire season burn to accomplish their plan.

Full Article Here: http://www.askmen.co...ckout-2012.html

• Like 1

I'm really beginning to wonder why the Players are all so anxious to signup and play in Europe for wages so much less than what the owners are offering.

What is the purpose??? To prove they will work for less??

Yet....... :unsure:

I'm really beginning to wonder why the Players are all so anxious to signup and play in Europe for wages so much less than what the owners are offering.

I don't know, I mean, it seems to me like what they're trying to say is "we have options, and we're not waiting around for you tools." However, you are correct. At the same time they are also showing that they will play for less... though I'm sure most, if not all, players are looking at this as a temporary solution, and a way to keep some money coming in until this whole mess gets sorted out. But who knows...

It's possible the players might just be honest when they say they want to play hockey for the fan. They get to do that in Europe plus keep in playing shape for whenever the NHL gets fixed...

• Like 2