Why not cancel your season tickets?

Phillygrump

Show these greedy @ssholes that they can't just do whatever they want and keep getting away with it.

Remember when they locked out before and threw away an entire season of your favorite sport.

Then how did they reward you? By giving you reduced tickets? By giving you a better product?

Nope. They gave you a brand new face of the NHL in a donkey-lipped little girl, gave her a stanley cup to expand her legendary status, and started these ridiculous shootouts to get casual fans interested in the sport, and cranked up ticket prices.

What did they do to give anything back to the loyal fans? NOTHING. And furthermore, they are about to screw you out of another season.

Guys, how much are you willing to put up with? They are going to piss away the season again, at least make them pay for it. Cancel your season tickets and tell these morons that you're done letting them hold your favorite sport hostage for the 2nd time in 5 years.

Time to be a real fan.

Show these greedy @ssholes that they can't just do whatever they want and keep getting away with it.

Remember when they locked out before and threw away an entire season of your favorite sport.

Then how did they reward you? By giving you reduced tickets? By giving you a better product?

Nope. They gave you a brand new face of the NHL in a donkey-lipped little girl, gave her a stanley cup to expand her legendary status, and started these ridiculous shootouts to get casual fans interested in the sport, and cranked up ticket prices.

What did they do to give anything back to the loyal fans? NOTHING. And furthermore, they are about to screw you out of another season.

Guys, how much are you willing to put up with? They are going to piss away the season again, at least make them pay for it. Cancel your season tickets and tell these morons that you're done letting them hold your favorite sport hostage for the 2nd time in 5 years.

Time to be a real fan.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment, are you are season ticket holder?? Some of those seats have taken years for people to get and while your lament is accurate, if the game was to start tomorrow and you are section 117 row 10 with 2 seats, are you going to cancel?

The bigger issue is how teams have held STH hostage with the money.

Make a stand- sure, easy to say. Again I ask, are you are STH?

I bought a 10-pack of tickets (2 seats) to WHL hockey (Prince George Cougars) last night. 5th row in the corner. Set me back a little over $300. (Averages out to about $16/ticket.) One of the two tickets is supposed to be a "youth" ticket but apparently an adult can get in with it - according to the team!

Heck of a deal. A night at an NHL game in Van or Edmonton costs that much.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment, are you are season ticket holder?? Some of those seats have taken years for people to get and while your lament is accurate, if the game was to start tomorrow and you are section 117 row 10 with 2 seats, are you going to cancel?

The bigger issue is how teams have held STH hostage with the money.

Make a stand- sure, easy to say. Again I ask, are you are STH?

No I'm not. I believe I would cancel them if I were though. I know its easier said than done but I believe I would. I am this angry about it. In fact I am prepared to walk away from the NHL altogether.

I don't like being toyed with.

I did cancel my center ice and WILL NOT renew it at least for 2 years. I will also forgo any purchases of NHL merchandise for the same 2 years. This is the only recourse I have to show my displeasure with the Owners. I live in Florida so season tickets are not realistic for me nor would I be able to afford them anyhow. I would like to think I have enough will power to give up the season tickets to show the owners they are not the be all end all. I understand the STH dilemma but how much are people as Season Ticket Holders willing to prove Gary Bettman that he is right and that he will again at the end of the next CBA lock out the players because he knows the fans always come back.........Until people show Bettman that he is wrong, he is not wrong....and he knows it...... :angry:

• Like 1

In this market, there is no teaching the owner a lesson. If I drop my seats, I'm not depriving Comcast of money, that building will sellout more often than not, and won't miss by much when it's not. So it isn't about making a statement, its simply whether you feel like supporting a product that isn't always there when you want to consume it. I'm still in. But I will say Bettman is directly making me less of an NHL fan. Not less of a hockey fan though.

In this market, there is no teaching the owner a lesson. If I drop my seats, I'm not depriving Comcast of money, that building will sellout more often than not, and won't miss by much when it's not. So it isn't about making a statement, its simply whether you feel like supporting a product that isn't always there when you want to consume it. I'm still in. But I will say Bettman is directly making me less of an NHL fan. Not less of a hockey fan though.

I guess my flat out hatred for the runt just clouds my vision...........

Wow........I guess there really is someone out there you like less than Crosby............ :lol:

Its like when GI Joe used to team up with Cobra to fight drug dealers.

There are worse evils out there. Bettman helped make Crosby the sniveling ****** that he is.

No I'm not. I believe I would cancel them if I were though. I know its easier said than done but I believe I would. I am this angry about it. In fact I am prepared to walk away from the NHL altogether.

Again I agree. And truthfully, this is one of the problems with the NHL. The NHL only promotes the NHL. It does not help expose any other hockey. From a business perspective, I totally get it, yet if you really want to develop the game expose people to all levels of hockey (NCAA, Juniors - CHL, AHL, international tournaments all come to mind). That is a big difference between Canada and the US -not to differentiate the NHL from either country, but lets be honest that while Hockey is Canadas game, the NHL is centralized USA sport- even from inception. Both countries have significant to enourmous support for the developmental leagues / teams, but Canada has a much greater exposure (TV, promotions, etc.). While I really enjoy watching the best players in the world play against each other, I also really enjoy watching the aforementioned. And trufully, if is allot more affordable. I can take my family to watch a Giants, Thunderbirds or Winterhawk game (4 people) for $40 dollars. Often times there are enormous promotions to bring the kids out (hotdog night etc.). $40 does not buy me a nose bleed seat for ANY NHL team. So, where do I really want to put my money??