Schenn versus JVR

Guest flyercanuck

Update: James van Riemsdyk scored two goals and added one assist to lead Toronto to a 5-2 victory over the Penguins Wednesday night.

Also, Colton Orr and Derek Engelland mixed it up again. Can't wait to see what Mr. Engelland's eye looks like tomorrow:

Is it me or are big stereotypical goons making a bit of a come back?

2 goals and 1 assist :angry:

Where was THAT as a Flyer? Or does this mean he takes the next month off?

In 11-12 JVR had three points (2g1a) in that 9-8 Winnipeg debacle. Then came back two weeks later with three points (1a2g) in a 9-2 win over Les Vestes Bleu.

The year before that, his only three point game was his hat trick.

In his rookie season he had a three assist night against Tampa.

Since you asked :D

It's you. Engelland actually plays pretty good D.

How many minutes a game does he play? Does he actually play a lot?

Stereotypical was the wrong word. I just mean I'm seeig some bigger guys fight more often. I'm seeing bigger guys period. For a while the trend seemed to be going after smaller faster guys, but between some of the newer guys, Buffalo's D with those two monsters they've got, and Orr, Engelland poping up (at least in what i've been watching), I thought maybe thigns were changing again.

It's you. Engelland actually plays pretty good D.

Stereotypical was the wrong word. I just mean I'm seeig some bigger guys fight more often. I'm seeing bigger guys period. For a while the trend seemed to be going after smaller faster guys, but between some of the newer guys, Buffalo's D with those two monsters they've got, and Orr, Engelland poping up (at least in what i've been watching), I thought maybe thigns were changing again.

You're spot on there. I think there has been more fights than usual; coaches trying to fire up the teams and even the crowds. Just not necessarily the heavyweights. Lots of middleweights, too.

Engelland has averaged around 10:00 a night but I think that has to increase soon. Bylsma is smart....he won't overuse his top two pairings.