Cooke gets 10 minutes for taking 3 punches

Polaris922

I love good hard nasty hitting, but Cooke stomped Karlsson on his lower leg. Now it was bang bang but it looked like intent to me, and to not even have a hearing over it seems like B.S. to me. Cooke is a habitual abuser, he destroyed Savards career, now this with the best young blue liner in the game. The man is a menace and should be suspened until Karlsson comes back. I dont have a horse in this race, dont root for or against either team, but cmon, that was sickening to watch and for nothing to come of it is pathetic.

Usually I respect your perspective. In this case I'm wondering what video you're watching. Go find the entire incident. You can't possibly feel this was intentional when you watch it go down.

So last night I Mrs Podein and I re-enacted the play several times, with me playing the role of Matt Cooke (yes, I still feel icky), whereby I used my left leg to pin Mrs P against the kitchen cabinets.

While my left heel came off the "ice" in making the play - a hockey play, my toe never really left contact with the ice. Why is Cooke's leg 3 feet in the air? Was he actually going for EK's jugular?

So last night I Mrs Podein and I re-enacted the play several times, with me playing the role of Matt Cooke (yes, I still feel icky), whereby I used my left leg to pin Mrs P against the kitchen cabinets.

While my left heel came off the "ice" in making the play - a hockey play, my toe never really left contact with the ice. Why is Cooke's leg 3 feet in the air? Was he actually going for EK's jugular?

So this is what it takes to hoodwink Mrs Podein into some Valentine's Day nookie? If so, I call BS on "several times". ;)

Then again, maybe tonight Mrs. Burgher can play Hartnell and I can be Kunitz.

• Like 1

@whammytime

Remember when Subban sliced the top of Staal's foot? That looked a LOT worse intent-wise. Subban was vilified by a lot if folks for it and Staal was one of our stars yet it too was deemed a "hockey play".

Or Steckel intentionally shouldering Crosby in the head giving him a concussion in the winter classic? Wasn't even a 2 minute penalty. So much for your hearing theory...

@Podein25

I don't think Mrs. Podein was swinging a stick past your head at the time or as strong on her "skates" as Karlsson. If she is then God bless you man! Lol

• Like 1

@Polaris922

<<< Remember when Subban sliced the top of Staal's foot? That looked a LOT worse intent-wise. Subban was vilified by a lot if folks for it and Staal was one of our stars yet it too was deemed a "hockey play".

Or Steckel intentionally shouldering Crosby in the head giving him a concussion in the winter classic? Wasn't even a 2 minute penalty. So much for your hearing theory... >>>

How soon they forget, Polaris.

• Like 1