Rangers looking to trade Gaborik

Guest hf101

@Polaris922

Picking one up is one thing. Trading important pieces for a flaky player isn't a winning strategy IMO.

And the Pens hardly need help making the playoffs.

I wasn't referring to just the Pens. Too much $$ for us I think. But a team like yours... or somebody looking for the pure scorer to wing a playmaker... different story.

Malkin had one kick butt playoff run and one good one, yes. He's 50/50 in the playoffs, some good some bad. But if you're building a team based solely on playoff performers (i.e. Briere)... you'll always be on the outside looking in. You gotta get there first. I understand you don't like him because he disappears that time of year, but again if you can pick up a 30-40+ goal scorer it goes a long ways to getting you there, and that's the first step.

we had a guy like Gaborik his name was Jeff Carter, we loved him here :ph34r: . brian campbell got **** lucky in the finals and carter the floater was run outta town on a rail and he was a quality canadian boy; imagine this forums ability to get on the marion gaborik train.. not going to happen.

Edited by mojo1917

I compare Gaborik to Semin. Both nice goal scorers, when they feel like showing up. It's got bad investment written all over it. Also, sends a bad message to the team, you can get top line minutes, even if you dog it. From the moment you sign him, you are married to him as a top line player, even if others work harder and deserve it more......problems a GM and coach do not need.