Stay Classy, Jack Edwards...

Guest B21

"Nominating Cooke for the Masterton is about the equivalent of nominating Sirhan Sirhan for prisoner of the year. An outrageous lack of judgment on the part of the Pittsburgh press."

OK, Jack. Sure. Not the dumbest thing ever said. Then again, considering recent events in Boston....

The best part is Shero's reaction...

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/21/enraged-penguins-gm-reportedly-confronts-bruins-announcer-over-matt-cooke-comment

Per The Fan 93.7 this morning, Cam Neely was there for Ray's dress down of ol' Jack...and not to defend him either.

"Nominating Cooke for the Masterton is about the equivalent of nominating Sirhan Sirhan for prisoner of the year. An outrageous lack of judgment on the part of the Pittsburgh press."

OK, Jack. Sure. Not the dumbest thing ever said. Then again, considering recent events in Boston....

The best part is Shero's reaction...

http://www.torontosu...t-cooke-comment

Per The Fan 93.7 this morning, Cam Neely was there for Ray's dress down of ol' Jack...and not to defend him either.

Now when you said "Not the dumbest thing ever said" were you referring to homer extrordinaire Edwards comments or Shero nominating Matt Cooke for the Masterton? I get Shero wants to make the point that his once "biggest douchebag player in the world" doesn't deserve that honour anymore. But nominating him for the Masterton?

Now when you said "Not the dumbest thing ever said" were you referring to homer extrordinaire Edwards comments or Shero nominating Matt Cooke for the Masterton? I get Shero wants to make the point that his once "biggest douchebag player in the world" doesn't deserve that honour anymore. But nominating him for the Masterton?

I see it as nothing more than a gesture on Shero's part (though I thought the Pittsburgh writers did the nominating). Whoever threw Cooke's hat into the ring probably knew there was a snowball's chance in he ll of him winning. I can see likening it to giving someone credit for something they are supposed to do (or in Cooke's case not do) but it's still a nice "gesture".

All that being said, this was for last's years award. It wasn't a big deal then and....Jack Edward's bufoonish comments aside...isn't really an issue now.

If Jack really has an problem maybe he can nominate Chara if he goes another year without fracturing anyone's vertebrae.