Game 2 vs. Isles - Crosby will play

Guest Polaris922

Damn good news, going to tape it as well as try to watch it. Hummm, could simply be a Crosby in for Neal if Neal can't go.

I think they said Neal wasn't practicing but I'm not sure. I've heard conflicting reports and nothing official.

As well as Fleury played the first game, he's failed in this one. Bad goals off the end boards... Twice. See if the Pens can make up for it.

The Islanders looked as if they did their homework for this one. The Penguins didn't come to play this evening. Game 3 will be interesting.

The Islanders looked as if they did their homework for this one. The Penguins didn't come to play this evening. Game 3 will be interesting.

The Isles definitely played harder and the Pens seemed to be coasting after they got their 3-1 lead. Fleury just seemed to have a hard time playing the shots off the end boards though. I sincerely think this should have been a 3-2 Pens win at the worst. But he misplayed two of those so badly... I think he's got to play the puck better there.

You would think that Fleury would know how to play the boards in his own building. Tale of two goalies there, Nabakov played fantastic, especially during the double minor at the end of the second.

• Like 1

You would think that Fleury would know how to play the boards in his own building. Tale of two goalies there, Nabakov played fantastic, especially during the double minor at the end of the second.

One would think. I don't even think Fleury made 2 key saves in that one.

Pens seemed to be coasting after they got their 3-1 lead. Fleury just seemed to have a hard time playing the shots off the end boards though. I sincerely think this should have been a 3-2 Pens win at the worst.

This was exactly my thought. We have seen the Flyers lose games like this many times over the years. You get the big lead early coast and lose. (Shhhhh game is a great example). Speaking of the Shhhh game it seems that Okposo played the role of Max tonight changing the momentum with a fight. I also agree with you that Fleury was giftwraping goals with a Bryzgalian effort. He looked like the Fleury of last years playoffs. All in al I I think the Isles got kind of lucky tonight and that the Pens will take it in 5 or 6.

• Like 1

For as bad as those last two goal were, the game is not 3-1 without Fleury in the 1st period. He was hung out more than once and made some big saves.

He certainly played his part in this loss but by no means was this solely on him.