Colts Up 3-1 Stolarz = Bryzgalov

flyercanuck

London came into Barrie last night knowing full well they had to win. Down 2 games to 1 they didn't want to have to win 3 in a row against the leagues best goalie and some of its best talent. For 2 periods they completely dominated the Colts, outshooting them 25-10 for a 3-1 lead. It could have been 6-0 if Stolarz doesn't let the first shot on net in and Neiderberger doesn't keep his team in it yet again.

Enter the 3rd period. 4 of the next 7 shots go past, around or through Stolarz. 5 goals on 17 shots. Mark Scheifele scores 4 goals...in the 3rd period. Barrie wins 6-4 in a game they had no business being in. All because of undrafted Mattias Neiderberger keeping his team in it, and Flyers pick (the pick we got for Bobrovsky) doing his best Ilya Bryzgalov impersonation.

I just don't see this guy being a very good goalie. Nobody should score 12 goals in 2 games (6-3 and 6-4) in the OHL championship against a Knights team that has so many NHL calibre players on it.

Colts one win away from a trip to the Memorial Cup - WooHoo!!!

Edited by flyercanuck

@Phillygrump

Been preaching it all season long. Best glove hand I've ever seen in the OHL. It's rare he lets in a bad goal. And he's either great, which is most of the time, or very good.

As a Colts fan, I pray Stolarz is in net next game. As a Flyer fan, we got burned bigtime in that trade. And if he he's their man the rest of the way, Barrie is Mem Cup bound and Hunter should fire himself as coach. He's huge, and that's all I see in him. If the puck hits him, that's a save. But he rarely actually makes a save. He's just big in net.

Edited by flyercanuck

@Phillygrump

It's uncanny how they can pick forwards but have no clue with D and G.

Maatta (on London - taken after Laughton) looks like he's going to be very good offensively for Pittsburgh...but man is he soft. I'm also not seeing greatness in Zadorov. He's big, like Stolarz. But that's it. A lot can change though from a 17 year old to a 20 year old. Mark Scheifele looks like he's NHL ready for the most part out there.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck Good luck to your Colts for game 7 tomorrow, should be a barn burner. Kind of an obvious move, replacing Storlez with Patterson. From the moment Pats was thrown into the fray, the Knights have responded. What a furious comeback for the Colts in the 3rd period of game #6. I have never been big on Zadorov, good skater for a big guy, but I'm not sold he will be a strong NHL'er. The more I see of Horvat, the more I like what he brings.

@jammer2

Watching Barrie come back from 4-0 in the 3rd, and 4-1 with 5 minutes left, only to lose in OT was one of the most heartbreaking things I've experienced in sports. I'm not sure if they'll have anything left in the tank for tonight. With Camara suspended, Scheifele out (I like how Camara gets suspended cause Giffith acts concussed...yet starts the next night, and Anderson doesn't even get a penalty for taking Scheifele out) and Hall hurting bad, their top line is pretty much non-existent. I'm hoping and will be watching, but this time i'm just staying home. Horvat is going to be a good one. And like I've said, Zadorov just looks big. Ekblad is twice the player at 17. Last game was the first one Domi was even noticeable in the series.

I've been able to watch a little of this series on NHL network and totally agree about Horvat that guy has been brilliant, Zadarov has a pretty good stick and long reach but doesn't impress at all. Maata has been unnoticed, Scheifle looks to be the best player on the ice most of the time...except for when Horvat is out. It seems like Ekblad is playing 30 minutes a night. Pretty fun series to watch.