Best first round series

yave1964

A few observations from the first round.

The Kings/Blues series produces 23 goals

The Penguins and Senators EACH scored 24, outscoring an entire series. Gonna love Ottawa and the Pens....

Best first round series IMHO has to be the Senators decimating the Canadiens. Watching Paulrus Maclean with his cheese eating grin hidden behind his mustache was priceless. Love the line brawl

The Islanders did not embarrass themselves. The Canucks are done. WAY underestimated the Sharks or WAY overestimated the Nucks. Wings are gonna probably get it handed to them by the Hawks but how appropriate for this classy rivalry to finish off the Wings in the West... Maple Leafs and Rangers have shown grit and haven't given up... The Kings are playing championship Hockey and while I will stick with my pick of the Hawks from the preseason the Kings are a team I would not want to face... The Bruins seem disinterested, it is like both teams from the finals a few years ago never recovered from their 7 game series

That's about it, other than GO WINGS!!!!

Wow, this is a hard one.

Gonna have to say Sens/Habs, which I never thought I'd say. Can't help it. I'm partial to line brawls and love seeing the Habs fans get NOTHING.

The Kings/Blues was good even though the Blues typically make me snore.

I was actually cheering for the Rangers over the Capitals. I dislike both teams but I really hate both Capitals fans.

I have had Franzen and Datsyuk on my fantasy teams for several years and they've made me a closet fan of the Wings but since I have neither in the playoff fantasy thing and I had Hiller, you know which way I had to cheer there. Good series by the Wings, though, and now I'll be cheering for them against Chicago

Game 7 of the Leafs/Boston series was fun to watch, but not enough to vote for that series.

So, I guess Sens/Habs.

Yeah Rux I'm finding this a tough choice also. I missed a lot of all of the first week of Round 1. When I had my choice I watched the Blackhawks - Wild, Pens - Islanders, and Wings -Ducks.

I'd have to go with the Penguins - Islanders as my favorite Round 1 series.

@hf101

Yeah, I could go with any of those. I think I chose Habs/Sens because of my blood lust, but truthfully didn't really care much about that series otherwise. Going in I thought it would be my least-favorite series. So maybe the surprise factor added to it for me.

I didn't mention Blackhawks/Wild but yeah, that had some moments--not least of which was Harding playing. That story is kind of amazing by itself.

Each series had some good things but when it comes down to it I'm a little too local with my hockey. I can enjoy it on an academic level, but it's not the same (for me) as really being emotionally involved (which is tough when your team is playing golf).

I'm really looking forward to the Hawks/Wings series. Aside from the original six thing, I just think we could be in for some really good hockey.

I liked the Sens/Habs but the Boston/Leafs was my favorite and the one I watched the most of.

I don't think the Pens/Sens match is going to be that hard for the Pens. 5-6 games maybe.

I do however, think that if Boston gets through the Rangers, that the Bruins will give the Penguins their toughest test.

Going by "which result did I like best," the best series was Sharks/Canucks, since it's the only one of the 8 series in which the team I wanted to see advance actually did.

I thought that several series had some great games, but Bruins/Leafs just had that certain something extra. The series that was surprisingly underwhelming, given that it went 7, was Capitals/Rangers. It felt like regular season hockey, while four other series (Bruins/Leafs, Ducks/Wings, Blues/Kings, and Pens/Isles) felt like Cup finals. I wasn't as impressed as some by Sens/Habs. It was a good series, but the four above were flat great.

Edited by dilbert719

I do however, think that if Boston gets through the Rangers, that the Bruins will give the Penguins their toughest test.

In the East or overall? I don't think I'd argue with the statement either way but just curious which you meant.

Actually, even if the Rangers win it they will be the toughest the Pens have faced in the East. And if King Henry keeps playing the way he is the Rags may be a better test than anyone coming from the West.